Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyLK View Post

I would not at all be surprised if the poll was rigged so that mutlivotes for WP7 was allowed and multivotes for the other systems was not allowed. Laptop mag might just be paid for the WP7 results.
    If anything, it was "rigged" so that the final contest would happen between iOS and Android. Largest base, most controversy, most traffic. That's why they are on opposite sides of the bracket and both and a bye in the first round. What th idiots at laptopmag.com didn't realize is that iOS users don't visit sites that aren't specific to iOS, and everyone else is just sick of these things coming around every few months like TV sweeps-week specials.

They have closed loopholes that allowed multiple votes through public proxy. So the only "duplicate" is that you can vote on your PC and then on your phone. And maybe you can vote once from every Starbucks if you want to drive around the city...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If anything, it was "rigged" so that the final contest would happen between iOS and Android. Largest base, most controversy, most traffic. That's why they are on opposite sides of the bracket and both and a bye in the first round. What th idiots at laptopmag.com didn't realize is that iOS users don't visit sites that aren't specific to iOS, and everyone else is just sick of these things coming around every few months like TV sweeps-week specials.

They have closed loopholes that allowed multiple votes through public proxy. So the only "duplicate" is that you can vote on your PC and then on your phone. And maybe you can vote once from every Starbucks if you want to drive around the city...
    Exactly! The majority of Android and iOS users are oblivious to such polls and because the poll can't possibly speak for true numbers, it's nothing but fan boy fodder. It is more akin to advertising for the winner than anything useful.

But, having said that, if WebOS were to win, I'd be like, "Nah, nah, nuh, nah, nah" at the WP7 fan boy and fan girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You can find the official CM7 thread in the Android NAND Development forum over at the XDA HD2 forums. It's called 'CM7 Preview for HD2'. I can't wait until they get everything working!
    By the way, what all doesn't work right now?
    We are 45 behind. Vote here
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    We are 45 behind. Vote here
    Down to 40 behind
    37 lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Don't think that they have fixed it. I just attempted to vote again twice (after voting previously). The first time it processed it. The second time I got the message "we have already counted your vote". There must be just a fairly simple timeout or some-such.

So go ahead. Vote again. I agree that the result means nothing statistically, but it is fun to see webOS top of something.
    i have tried to vote several different times and it only let me vote once .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i have tried to vote several different times and it only let me vote once .
    Just tried with my phone and it did not let me. I was on my PC before. Don't know why that would make a difference though.
    From what I see...we need at least another 100 or 200 to win this since we're now about 50 behind. There has to be that many people left who have not voted???

Time to step up for those that haven't voted. Sorli...
    Let me get this straight. You guys voted for Windows Phone 7 over iOS in the semi-finals to get an easier win for webOS...and now you're losing to WP7?

That's just incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Let me get this straight. You guys voted for Windows Phone 7 over iOS in the semi-finals to get an easier win for webOS...and now you're losing to WP7?

That's just incredible.
    Android and iOS users are getting revenge.

losing as of now by about 50 votes

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    actually the poll remembers your ip address there is no way to just shut down your computer and then go back and revote lol
    true but it can be done without shutting down.

Guys, the multi-voting doesn't work. If you observe the results before and after a multi-vote, they are the same.
    Not to be rude or mean but you're just not doing it right. I'm no hacker or programmer but I got it to register multiple votes. Oh by the way the Polls on precentral are also subject to easy manipulation too. Most are. These polls are suspect.

That's just incredible.
    it is crazy.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 02/05/2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Maybe next time you guys should rig a webOS vs Symbian finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    true but it can be done without shutting down.

Not to be rude or mean but you're just not doing it right. I'm no hacker or programmer but I got it to register multiple votes.
    It will say "we have already counted your vote"
    Maybe next time you guys should rig a webOS vs Symbian finals.
    i think they would be better off against iphone cause like someone else said they have nothing to prove. They are less apt to participate in a poll like this.
    Guys, I found a reliable way to multivote! Remove the blog.laptopmag.com cookie before each vote. I intend to single-handedly remove the WP7 lead

Make sure to remove the cookie while on the "View results" page. Then delete the cookie and go nack to poll. It will work that way. If you go back to poll and then delete the cookie, it won't work.
    Last edited by MartyLK; 02/05/2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Add content
    Guys, I found a reliable way to multivote! Remove the blog.laptopmag.com cookie before each vote. I intend to single-handedly remove the WP7 lead

Make sure to remove the cookie while on the "View results" page. Then delete the cookie and go nack to poll. It will work that way. If you go back to poll and then delete the cookie, it won't work.
    Lets get this on the front page!

lol

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast