Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I just voted. webOS is only 21 votes ahead of WP7.. . . . .
    We need to be about 300 votes ahead at this time in the voting cycle or when the last minute comes, the WP7'ers will move ahead. During their high cycle, they are generally up by about 300 votes. During our high cycle, we are generally up about 30 votes. We need to get to at least 300 votes ahead during our high cycle. That way we will have a chance to win.
    Why has this not been posted on the main page? We need all that we can get!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Down by 10!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    It's crazy how close the poll is currently. Right now, webOS has 50.01% of the vote, with Windows Phone 7 trailing by only four total votes. Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    It's crazy how close the poll is currently. Right now, webOS has 50.01% of the vote, with Windows Phone 7 trailing by only four total votes. Crazy!
    Even though I feel this poll thing is meaningless, it really is pretty entertaining! It's impossible to know who's going to win... Most of the previous polls were very one-sided.
    +1 someone should forward this thread to the editors at Laptop Magazine and see what they think about it AND see if they disclose the fact it was completely overrun by corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    +1 someone should forward this thread to the editors at Laptop Magazine and see what they think about it AND see if they disclose the fact it was completely overrun by corruption.
    Serves them right, for not waiting until Feb. 9th to end the poll. They end it right before the new webOS devices are revealed. Who does that, really? Especially in a poll to decide which is the best mobile OS...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Wouldn't make any difference to them. They know the poll is trash already because they made it with the flaw that allows for cheating. They are the ones who are guilty and accountable. You cannot hold the voters accountable because if it can happen it will happen. If voters can cheat, they will cheat.

What do you suggest? Do the honorable thing and vote once while the WP7'ers take advantage of the flaw and vote many times each? What will that get you? A clear conscience? What good does that do when the poll will be held up as a proclamation of WP7's goodness and love when it gets the most votes while the real winner is covered over with dust?

It is never a bad thing to "cheat" in a poll that allows cheating. There's something similar in society known as "Gun control". With "Gun control", only the criminals will have guns. Also, to not cheat in a cheatable poll is like expecting a criminal not to commit crime because it is illegal.

If anybody wants to put blame anywhere, it should be squarely at the poll makers. If you don't cheat for your side, you WILL lose because the other side will cheat.
    Wow, I guess this really means a lot to you.
    yes it's just a popularity contest and which side can get the most people to vote... but webOS has had such a dry year that now everyone is excited. the poll is one manifestation of such excitement. can we really blame people for being excited?

let's let the webOS community have some fun and enjoy the excitement as the 9th gets closer rather than engage in bickering amongst ourselves. it's just a poll. if you are excited, then vote and spread the words. if you don't care, then don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyLK View Post
    Wouldn't make any difference to them. They know the poll is trash already because they made it with the flaw that allows for cheating. They are the ones who are guilty and accountable. You cannot hold the voters accountable because if it can happen it will happen. If voters can cheat, they will cheat.

What do you suggest? Do the honorable thing and vote once while the WP7'ers take advantage of the flaw and vote many times each? What will that get you? A clear conscience? What good does that do when the poll will be held up as a proclamation of WP7's goodness and love when it gets the most votes while the real winner is covered over with dust?

It is never a bad thing to "cheat" in a poll that allows cheating. There's something similar in society known as "Gun control". With "Gun control", only the criminals will have guns. Also, to not cheat in a cheatable poll is like expecting a criminal not to commit crime because it is illegal.

If anybody wants to put blame anywhere, it should be squarely at the poll makers. If you don't cheat for your side, you WILL lose because the other side will cheat.
    If someone buys a gun and shoots someone with it just because it was available to them to do that . Does it make the gun maker guilty or the person doing the shooting ?? Lol ltm ltm

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    If someone buys a gun and shoots someone with it just because it was available to them to do that . Does it make the gun maker guilty or the person doing the shooting ?? Lol ltm ltm

It isn't the gun that kills, but rather, the bullets. Lets hang the bullet makers up by their balls!
    It's not about the ethics involved, sp much as letting the poll-keepers know that we're on to them and their shenanigans. (regardless of which side wins) it would just be funny (hilarious in my mind) if they were told that the whole thing is set up and both sides know it.

@ Shadavis: it was WalMart's fault

let's not blame the responsible manufacturers

it's the vendors and their "we'll sell anything for a buck" attitude
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/07/2011 at 05:17 PM.
    yeah i know walmart is to blame lol ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Get to voting we are in the finals
    I've registered to say: WebOS FTW!

Also, MartyLK needs immediate medical attention.
    better keep voting we're only 300 ahead lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    better keep voting we're only 300 ahead lol
    Voted again.. Is this poll ever gonna close?

yeah it will close sometime tomorrow lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown Jewels View Post
    I've registered to say: WebOS FTW!Also, MartyLK needs immediate medical attention.
    Hope it was worth your time and effort and you feel better

MartyLK....I almost agree with you there, join date 2005 and we don't hear a PEEP out of them until this thread .......nothing ceases to amaze me sometimes
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel