1.    #1  
    When I lost calls I receive SMS message from my carrier saying something like "You received a call from 12345678." Even if this number is in my contact list it shows the number and not the name. Is there a way to change it and show the name from those in my contact list?
    You receive a message from your carrier? Doesn't webOS show missed call notifications itself? I have names on my webOS missed call notifications, it's next to the number.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #3  
    If I miss, for instance, my daughter's call it shows her number and not her name.
    The problem is the SMS is coming from your carrier with the number.

WebOS should record the missed call but only if you were in coverage when the call came in. If you were out of coverage you are dependent on the carrier sending you a missed call notification and if they do that via SMS there is not much you can do to change the number to a name.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    The problem is the SMS is coming from your carrier with the number.

WebOS should record the missed call but only if you were in coverage when the call came in. If you were out of coverage you are dependent on the carrier sending you a missed call notification and if they do that via SMS there is not much you can do to change the number to a name.
    Yes, that's what I want... perhaps a new patch...
    Check out youmail.com, thats what I use. It is free. It uses caller ID info to tell me who called in the txt that it sends.
  7.    #7  
    Hummm I'm not in USA..
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Yes, that's what I want... perhaps a new patch...
    That would involve a lot more than a simple patch, it would be a full blown application.

The application would have to examine the incoming SMS messaes to look for phone numbers, then reference that number in your contact list.

It could be done, but it would have to be a HomeBrew, and would probably be more trouble than it's worth.
  9.    #9  
    Oh I see...
    The SMS/TXT notification I get from my carrier clearly states the name of the contact as found in my 'Contacts'. I wonder why it would not do so for the OP. Maybe it is a Sprint thing.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The SMS/TXT notification I get from my carrier clearly states the name of the contact as found in my 'Contacts'. I wonder why it would not do so for the OP. Maybe it is a Sprint thing.
    Okay... I will do some tests...
  12.    #12  
    No... I thought it could be some difference between how I save the numbers (code area...) but it does not work. Even if I leave exactly the same way it is shown in SMS message it does not change to name.
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    No... I thought it could be some difference between how I save the numbers (code area...) but it does not work. Even if I leave exactly the same way it is shown in SMS message it does not change to name.
    Does your account on your carrier's site have a 'Contacts' or Address book? Maybe adding it there will help.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.