1.    #1  
    We can make all of this talk about HP discontinuing the use of the Palm brand name irrelevant.

We just have to take a stand. We need to

Update: Oh so this is how you edit
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  2.    #2  
    Wow this forums app sux. It would not let me select the text field and it doesn't let me edit a post. Hmf. For the amount of time it was in beta you would think it would be bug free.

Anyways: we have to make a pact to call HP's smartphone and tablet division 'Palm' no matter what. If everyone keeps calling it Palm in the community and the media it won't matter what HP does. Remember how long the term 'Palm Pilot' lasted after the product didn't exist? Palm Pilot became synonomis with PDA.

Bottom line is, who ever is working on webOS and it's successor should always be called Palm. HP webOS is corporate propiganda. It's called Palm webOS! Call it that forever. Palm has gone too far, lasted too long and contributed too much to this industry for the community to allow it to be gobbled up into the computer do-it-all mega-giant HP to never be heard of again.

3.    #3  
    Oh one more thing: That stupid tablet? I don't care what they end up naming the thing. Be it touchpad, padtouch, fingerpad or even 'HP slatepadtouch' ... It's called a PalmPad. That's it's name and I don't care what attrocity it gets labeled as on feb 9th.

It's working fine for me right now ?? But if the message button on the bottom left is greyed out it won't let you post text or edit text . Yes it still re-authenticates but not really authenticates sometimes . You then need to backswipe and re-enter into the forum . This is seldom though.
    edit: and for a FREE yes FREE forums app I think it works great !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Wow this forums app sux. It would not let me select the text field and it doesn't let me edit a post. Hmf. For the amount of time it was in beta you would think it would be bug free.

Anyways:
    Totally hilarious rant! LMAO
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Oh one more thing: That stupid tablet? I don't care what they end up naming the thing. Be it touchpad, padtouch, fingerpad or even 'HP slatepadtouch' ... It's called a PalmPad. That's it's name and I don't care what attrocity it gets labeled as on feb 9th.

FINE!
    I'm sold... PALM it is!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I think I agree. If this phone thing is gonna succeed eventually, I would like to se it succeed as palm. Success under any other name would not be as sweet to me. The king is dead, long live the king sort of thing. The phoenix rises again, you know
    That was easy !

ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm half there. The Palm name carries enough history to have some value. (Like Pan-Am or even IBM during their dark days). Keeping the name and marketing it as a 'reboot' would allow them market on the Palm heritage while showing a new and improved product line.

The name "Pre".. not so much. If that went away I wouldn't complain.
    I think with the right advertising campaign they can make Palm seem like it never really left. Jazz it up and maybe change the orange background of the logo to an icy blue to make it appear 'fresh' and cool again. This way you still have the Palm name but the background color would denote the 'next generation' of Palm (to say nothing of the Pre/Pixi).