Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ive owned my Pre since it came out and the loads of promises that have been made and dropped over the years are sad. Ive been faithful to the pre since then. Ive recently purchased a Galaxy Tablet running on the Android os and everything its able to do has been promised by palm and never delivered at some point in time.. When buying the palm operated phone I was afraid that support would quickly faid from the developers in comparison to other os's Android apple etc. I bought it anyway, and now over the last 6 months or so it seem not much has been happening and even before that the precentral threads were lighting up with excitement of promises made by developers that would keep the palm os in the game. "it'll be out in one month" "oh no it'll be out in 3 weeks" "it'll be out in JUNE!!" then NOTHING!

Im not posting this to start an argument Ive posted this to get an HONEST thought on palms failed promises, Ive read through the threads and can swear there are paid posters that have posted comments etc. that seem to be straight from a Palm sales book.. I want to hear from real people who have no employment/stock/3rd party employment/contract holders etc. to comment on this..
    Can't disagree with that. I understand you since you had to wait 19 months but still nothing. Palm should give at leased give launch day users 2.1 instead of making them wait so long.
    I have no financial interest in Palm. My pre does what I need, overclocked and patched make it great to use. I'm assuming the big announcement event on the 9th will be good stuff.

until my pre doesn't meet my needs or my contract is up... I'm fine with my current Pre+.
    odd timing for such a sad post with just a few days before HP has their chance to go big or go home. Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have no financial interest in Palm. My pre does what I need, overclocked and patched make it great to use. I'm assuming the big announcement event on the 9th will be good stuff

until my pre doesn't meet my needs or my contract is up... I'm fine with my current Pre+.
    wow, couldn't have said it better myself.

I even got over the epocrates debacle, which almost pushed me away.
  6.    #6  
    I have no financial interest in Palm. My pre does what I need, overclocked and patched make it great to use. I'm assuming the big announcement event on the 9th will be good stuff.

Thank you for your reply. Im not complaining about usability I agree with you on that. Im more concerned with lack of new support/promised upgrades that has been non existent or seemingly lost in the digital wind. The lack of effort on palms part has left the palm line behind almost every phone.. IMO.
  7.    #7  
    odd timing for such a sad post with just a few days before HP has their chance to go big or go home. Cheer up.
    Yea, ure right. being honest over the last two years coming to the forums has been nothing much but a load of frustrated users post and I had stopped coming here.. I reached a breaking point today with my palm after purchasing an adroid operated tablet and figured id post. Its been two years with no real news for the palm and I just found out TODAY that theres a new release coming on the 9th... all i can say is, We'll see...
    <thread cleaned> Please - lets keep the comments appropriate and polite.
    No financial backing here, but I guess I'm a fan-boy since I honestly love my Pre minus and all of its magic. Is my device perfect, no it is not 'clearly' and it has many faults I'm hoping are fixed with webOS 2.0, but then you are correct...where's 2.0, 2.1 or otherwise???

Too be honest, I've been helping my wife with Android tablet options for a while and happy to say our latest purchase of the Nook Color has a bunch of potential and can become more useful as a full tablet over time. My wife needed her tablet for school and something that supported the epub standard and Adobe Digital DRM content management to download content from numerous sources and our local public library.

I guess Feb 9th will answer a lot of questions we've all been asking and I'm just hoping HP comes out 'Blazing and Firing all canons!' I've looked at a bunch of tablets over the last 3 months and nothing standouts as a must have to counter the price-point most of these devices fall into. I guess people simply have more money they I have, since I live by limited means and can only stretch our budget so far before laying down $$$ to buy new toys.

Either way, I guess I also agree with Cantaffordit "until my pre doesn't meet my needs or my contract is up... I'm fine with my current Pre" Minus. Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 01/30/2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Fan-boy one word spelling not allowed...interesting
    My phone is working great . And new stuff is coming out very soon .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Everytime I hear (read about) someone complaining about promises unkept by Palm, I start to wonder when Palm actually OFFICIALLY announced anything; either via a Palm spokes-person, their website, earnings call with investors, etc.

I can remember Palm announcing dates for the Pre(+) and Pixi(+). I can remember certain webOS update announcements such as Rubenstein himself saying that webOS 2.0 was coming out at the end of 2010.

Now as far as what I heard from THIRD parties (and beyond)... well that's another story. And I think many have taken what was said by third parties as gospel, and then perpetuate what was said. Which have lead many to say that Palm has broken their promises. Promises that Palm has never made to begin with. Promises that people don't bother verifying as to who made said promise.
    Last edited by RafRol; 01/30/2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  12.    #12  
    Im guessing for me by comparison of whats available to other smart phone os's nowadays it just "working" or meeting needs just isnt enough. In a world where a wireless update can darn near give you a new phone/functionality, working or meeting needs just doesnt cut it by comparison. My bill is pretty much the same I buy apps and chase down updates and tweaks just like the next guy. If the world of owning a smart phone wasnt what it is today i would happily still be rockin my palm treo. With all the questions being asked to those in the "KNOW" and getting half truths and pushed back dates anyone would start to lose faith after so long. I DONT hate the palm os series developers etc. Im just tired of the lack support/updates/bankable info from developers by comparison to other os's Im just finding out about this upcoming 9th day issue and Im hoping for something worth waiting for. If they release a new os's and its only available to newer phones (new palm HP smart phones 2011 and beyond) Im going to be so done with palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimj82 View Post
    Im just tired of the lack support/updates/bankable info from developers by comparison to other os's Im just finding out about this upcoming 9th day issue and Im hoping for something worth waiting for.
    Here ya brother... I can also relate and getting tired of hearing about everyone's support for IOS and Android and nothing else.

I've been playing with my wife's Nook Color for over an hour and it isn't perfect by a long shot. What I expect it should do simply doesn't happen (I keep swiping and nope it ain't there) and nothing on these android devices is seamless in way. The Nook Color is simply a ebook reader and I simply want more from such a device and will probably end up hacking my wife's unit before to long.

Either way, at least this ebook reader has Android...I've used Kindle and have no clue what people see in those devices - they are SO SLOW, no color, terrible web browser, and the list goes on.

If HP can't step up and make something different for app developers to get on board in the coming weeks then Palm and webOS won't have many options. If you can't beat them, then they may have to join them and look toward merging webOS with Android or something like a top level interface layer that brings more functionality to what I see as a lacking and unfriendly Android interface. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

+1. My sentiments exactly.

...and about HP/Palm not releasing 2.1, I'm sure they have and the holdup is the carriers. I've never seen Verizon push an update within 6 months of them getting it in their hands. I've lived through that starting from the Treo 600 though the Pre Plus.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Being loyal to a 'company' will always bite you in the ****. Take my advice: find something that you enjoy.
  16.    #16  
    Just for the record Ive been loyal to palm even when they werent phones just a pda.. Got the phone from sprint when they came out and ever since to this day im still a palm os smart phone owner so this isnt coming from no where.. M150 palm..
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Being loyal to a 'company' will always bite you in the ****. Take my advice: find something that you enjoy.
    i do both. lol. and i'm happy with palm/hp.
    I blame the delays on the fact that Palm was in a Working Poor situation, then they got bought out by a company with different goals. Any updates over that time are surprising to me.

(I was ready to jump ship to WP7 but it came out on AT&T only...BWAHahahahaha!)
    I have been a follower of Palm since back in the PDA days and have never felt forsaken by Palm. They have remained innovative and have always given me a value added product. Every generation of device or OS (Palm OS or webOS) has been better than the last. As far as timing to market, I think we can find more fault with carriers and suppliers that have been busy marketing the most popular devices rather than the technically best.

I carry a Palm Pre Plus because it fits my needs and my wife carries an LG phone because it fits her needs. Palm has always delivered what I think Palm has promised, they may not have delivered what their customers wished for or others said they should do.

I see more users and developers forsaking Palm than Palm forsaking users or developers.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I bought my pre hoping it would gain developer support but knowing it did what I needed better than the Centro I left. While I've been disappointed in the lack of developer interest, I'm not that surprised.

My work gets done and other than appalling power battery life, I'm OK with it.

If Android can get battery life closer to Blackberry, I'll probably switch for a phone/tablet combo from them. However, I hear their battery life ain't much better right now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast