Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Teaser ad would be a great idea. It would be good to let a large number of people know that they're going to bring some great stuff out in just a few days. Helps prime the mindshare pump.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Ehhh, unless they run some ads before that then I dont think it would be very good. 1 second of superbowl commercial ad time costs nearly $300,000 and for something that people have all but forgotten about it would likely be a waste of money. Most people dont even know that the Palm pre has been reinvented and even fewer know that Hp owns Palm. I say it would get more recognition if they ran it steadily over the spring into the summer.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Ehhh, unless they run some ads before that then I dont think it would be very good. 1 second of superbowl commercial ad time costs nearly $300,000 and for something that people have all but forgotten about it would likely be a waste of money. Most people dont even know that the Palm pre has been reinvented and even fewer know that Hp owns Palm. I say it would get more recognition if they ran it steadily over the spring into the summer.
    But that's the whole point. More bang for the buck. Do you see how many people they can possibly touch with a quick ad spot during SuperBowl. Even if one person says they will look into the phone is one (hopefully more) more person who didn't look or know about HP, Palm and WebOS before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Nothing gets more eyeballs per dollar than a superbowl ad.
    Olympic Games
    FIFA World Cup

I understand that neither will occur this year... I'm just saying.

Although you're right - nothing purely national gets you more eyeballs per dollar in the US than the Superbowl.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12