Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Now that we are hearing that the big HP Palm event on 2/9/11 will include interoperability between webOS phones, slates, and desktops, it becomes apparent where HP Palm is heading.

To have interoperability between these diverse devices. What other technology works on all these devices besides web technologies?

Another aspect of the the genius of the webOS plan emerges. True interoperability. Palm is even headed toward an expansion of Ares as the primary development environment. The demo of Enyo running on the Chrome browser is the future.

Since webOS apps are essentially local web apps, it will be much easier to run on slates, and desktops, no matter what OS they run.

This cross platform ability of webOS is going the change the industry.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Users will be able to shift tasks seamlessly among multiple devices that nobody owns. Seriously, is anyone here contemplating replacing their desktop with a webOS desktop?
    You seem to be missing my point.

Anything with a web browser can be integrated with webOS apps. It does not require new devices.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    this is what i like to hear, because it means they'll be taking enterprise support seriously... something noone else (other than blackberry) does.
    <thread cleaned>
    I can't delete as fast as the arguments are posted. Stop arguing. We are long beyond "healthy skepticism".
    Sick em' Tim !! Ha ha please refrain from arguing thanks guys !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    cross platform would be cool but I doubt hp won't work on android and iphone...
    Wow...for a thread with only '5' posts, you guys seemed to have exchanged a lot of...love...over this topic. I guess most of it is telepathic...you know...mental?

Web Rage...it's a weird energy. People who in face to face contact would be very civil and restrained....put them in a room by themselves and an internet connection and POW!

Oh, and regarding the topic, it will be nice to be able to get all I need from the office wherever I am...I hate all the time spent copying files to my hardrive, printing out forms, etc, just to be able to head out of town on a trip.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I agree !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    So... I believe that the HP begun his enterprise strategy:

HP offers enterprise cloud service • The Register

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    We have had this interoperability forever. HP just needs to make it seem like they invented it.

The 1990's Virtual Network Computing gave desktop access from one PC to another. Even our Treo's gave mobile access. But no one has put that in a commercial.

Show a hot babe in business attire at a PC then dashing out the door. Show her with a tablet in a taxi finishing that same report collaborating with others on phones, PC's and tablets around the world. Show her grabbing a photo from the home PC for the report cover before she leaves the cab.

She gets to the meeting and asks if she can use the printer. She turns around, taps her phone, and the finished presentation starts coming off the printer. Everyone is stunned.

Granted, everyone can do all of this right now. HP just needs to package up the existing interoperability with a billion dollars of advertising and people will think they invented it.

Make it as easy as Apple would and put a big red bow on it.

I don't think Apple has ever done an ad that said that you can take your desktop on your phone or print from your phone to anywhere.

HP didn't invent any of this. They just need to make it look like they did.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/25/2011 at 02:25 PM.
    Who said they needed to claim they invented any of it? They just need to claim that they made it all "just work" without any extra thought or effort from the user.
    Being serious: let's forget the "big red"... the secret is think really big!

The WORLD is GSM! Sorry if somebody don't agree, but CDMA "killed" the Palm, while the GSM gave power to Apple, Rim, Nokia, Samsung...

Remember: was not only the USA that gave sucess to Apple and Rim.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Who said they needed to claim they invented any of it? They just need to claim that they made it all "just work" without any extra thought or effort from the user.
    But if they package it up and it just works, people will think that they invented it.

I was sitting next to someone last week. She was texting on her iPhone. She said, "What did we do before iPhones?"

She and a lot of others think that Apple invented the smartphone. Apple just made it easy.