Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    OK, so I broke down and bought a new Pre for the daughter and it still has WebOS 1.1.?. When I run the Updates app it spins for awhile and comes back with the "Your phone is up to date" message. Is there an issue with upgrading from such an old version, or should I be more patient? Could the update servers be down in preparation of WebOS 2.1 coming soon? I suppose I could get the appropriate WebOS doctor and get it that way.

    Thanks for your thoughts.
    --Chris

    Palm History:

    Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
  2. #2  
    If the OTA update isn't working then I think you're right that webOS doctor is the only way to go.
  3. #3  
    Hmm, I wonder if that would be a good explanation, that the servers are preparing to push the 2.1 update OTA. I have to agree with Oversteer325, if you want the update right now, you can download the doctor, and you'll have 1.4.5 on your Pre in ~15 minutes after you download.
  4. #4  
    Thirding the Doctor - it's quick, painless, and foregoes the FSTAB bug in the 1.4.5 OTA update.

    But the idea that your update isn't pushed because the servers are being prepared for 2.1 is fascinating. Does anybody (developer) have a non-mission-critical Pre just lying about? Because this could be verified by replication, i.e. doctoring another Pre back to 1.1 or whatever and then attempting an OTA update.
  5. #5  
    Your device is likely just not communicating properly with the update server. A quick flash of the webOS doctor should get you
    1. On the latest version
    2. Reconnected back to the server for future updates

    PS this issue has nothing to do with an update that may or may not be coming out in the near or distant future.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    PS this issue has nothing to do with an update that may or may not be coming out in the near or distant future.
    Said like a politician !!


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Said like a politician !!
    Everytime they make a promise, it's for the near future, but we all know it's for the distant future.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Said like a politician !!


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    He is a politician of sorts lol

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    Thanks All, after it still not updating OTA I did the doctor this morning and have it at 1.4.5. Also installed preware and all the same patches I have on my phone.
    --Chris

    Palm History:

    Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Thirding the Doctor - it's quick, painless, and foregoes the FSTAB bug in the 1.4.5 OTA update.

    But the idea that your update isn't pushed because the servers are being prepared for 2.1 is fascinating. Does anybody (developer) have a non-mission-critical Pre just lying about? Because this could be verified by replication, i.e. doctoring another Pre back to 1.1 or whatever and then attempting an OTA update.
    I must not have been paying attention that day, cause this is the first I heard of the FSTAB thing. I have now applied the patch to my phone and will apply to the wife's later. Thanks for mentioning it.
    --Chris

    Palm History:

    Palm Personal => Palm Personal with Palm Pro upgrade card => Palm III => Palm IIIx => Palm IIIxe => Palm T|X => Palm Pre

Posting Permissions