Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    The following article describes Apple and Android and discusses many things we mentioned here:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/0...mobile-devices

...Their distributions are sometimes based on old and known-vulnerable versions of Android, and they tend to publish updates rarely or never. As a result, the ecosystem of Android devices is out of date, fragmented, and unnecessarily vulnerable to known attacks. This situation is bad for everyone: users, carriers, OEMs, application developers, and Google.

Android is hardly the only mobile security offender. Apple tends to ship patches for terrible bugs very late. For example, iOS 4.2 (shipped in early December 2010) contains fixes for remotely exploitable flaws such as this FreeType bug that were several months old...
    Will webOS try to push updates through and maintain high security?
    Hope so for the sake of enterprise integration with HP
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Hmm I dunno. Here's something that was published in late November: Researchers Find Security Flaws in Palm Smartphone WebOS - Security - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

# of updates since then: 0
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I thought that was reviewed using on old version of webos at the time. Still, I am happy that our low profile ownership has kept us out of attacks so far. Rembr when the fake flash app was in the web feed, that was scary. Potentially couldve had a payload

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    no this is different than the intrepidus group stuff that went on in april.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Still, I am happy that our low profile ownership has kept us out of attacks so far.
    I'm glad we're following the Mac model for platform security.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums