Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    I agree with the OP. The impression he gave before launch was that the PIM software would be so sophisticated it would anticipate your needs, yet it still can't even search the calendar or create a recurring task or any number of basic things. Roger was definitely blowing smoke (or inhaling it.)
    he blew so much smoke up that I was actually considering a law suit briefly but realized he didnt represent Palm. nobody should ever let that man back into a public position
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    i actually aren't blaming roger mcnamee, cause palm also first advertised with
    "Palm webOS is the world's best web-connected platform that's always thinking ahead to make your life easier."
    "Palm Pre. Thinking ahead is a beautiful thing. "
    "The new Palm Pre and webOS are designed to be so in sync with your needs that it feels like Pre is thinking ahead for you. "
    "It's technology that seems like it's thinking ahead to bring you what you care about most - your people, your time, and your information - in the easiest and most seamless way."
    By smartly integrating your information, webOS is designed to think ahead for you and keep you on top of the things that happen in your life, but that's just the first step.
    It's an instinctive user experience that seems to anticipate your needs.
    Palm, Inc. - Palm Unveils All-new webOS
    Introducing the Palm® webOS™

So perhaps Roger was blinded by the marketing buzz Palm was creating at this time.

Oh and i found a second point where webos "thinks" for me - it's synergy with the contact linking that is really done good.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12