Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have suggested a swipe down function for webos before in these forums. My idea of how it should work is that once you swipe it down, the card is still running fully in the background, the same level of openness as now when you just leave a card open. The difference is that when you swipe down, it and any other down-swiped apps will be completely hidden with the exception of a notification at the top letting you know you have apps open. Perhaps this notification could be a symbol with a number letting you know how many apps are currently open.

To get the apps open again, you would do the same gesture as what is currently the wave launcher. I feel like the wave launcher is an under used feature of webos and will not be dearly missed. Once you wave launch up, it will bring up all of your hidden apps, and move all of the ones you had open anyway to the right.

I think this would be a good system for leaving apps like texting, the phone app, email, and other daily use apps open that you don't want cluttering your home screen when they aren't in use.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I think this would be a good system for leaving apps like texting, the phone app, email, and other daily use apps open that you don't want cluttering your home screen when they aren't in use.
    With webOS 2.0 you can bunch all those daily use apps into one stack. That'll help reduce the clutter.

Personally I would miss the wave bar. I use it a lot. Also I'm not sure how intuitive it is to access your hidden apps by using the bottom gesture area when the notification would be at the top, as you propose. Perhaps a slow, wave-like gesture from the top would work better.
    I have to agree with voodoochild about the wave bar. I never use it, I just swipe up to minimize the active card and get the launcher bar. It would be nice if that gesture was replaced by something useful, such as what voodoochild is proposing or that virtual keyboard that was on P|C front page a while back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    With webOS 2.0 you can bunch all those daily use apps into one stack. That'll help reduce the clutter.

Personally I would miss the wave bar. I use it a lot. Also I'm not sure how intuitive it is to access your hidden apps by using the bottom gesture area when the notification would be at the top, as you propose. Perhaps a slow, wave-like gesture from the top would work better.
    Stacks in 2.0 really doesn't impress me. It adds little functionality and to me, seems like a visual gimmick. I honestly don't know why I like WebOS so much in it's current state. I don't like the idea of leaving apps open how the system works currently, because I like a clean organized home page with the bare minimum of information showing.

I almost never leave apps open because of this, and really don't take advantage of the great multitasking capabilities that WebOS offers. If something like my idea were implemented, it would solve this problem for me, and make multitasking a lot more functional.

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I have to agree with voodoochild about the wave bar. I never use it, I just swipe up to minimize the active card and get the launcher bar. It would be nice if that gesture was replaced by something useful, such as what voodoochild is proposing or that virtual keyboard that was on P|C front page a while back.
    I personally don't like the idea of the wave bar bringing up a vkb. I think the keyboard should be prompted whenever you click on a text box, just like other OS's handle it. It makes a lot more sense in my opinion.
    Stacks in 2.0 really doesn't impress me. It adds little functionality and to me, seems like a visual gimmick. I honestly don't know why I like WebOS so much in it's current state. I don't like the idea of leaving apps open how the system works currently, because I like a clean organized home page with the bare minimum of information showing.

I almost never leave apps open because of this, and really don't take advantage of the great multitasking capabilities that WebOS offers. If something like my idea were implemented, it would solve this problem for me, and make multitasking a lot more functional.
    Stacks are more than a visual gimmick. If you have a few browser cards open and a few other app cards open, that's a lot of cards to have to swipe through. But if you have the browser cards grouped together, there are a lot less cards/stacks to swipe through.

It sounds like you would enjoy using Android more than webOS. It keeps running apps hidden in the background without having open cards. But personally, I find switching between cards so much more fluid than Android-style multitasking. The other issue with Android multitasking is that it controls what apps remain open. So if I really want an app to stay open, there's no guarantee that will happen.

I personally don't like the idea of the wave bar bringing up a vkb. I think the keyboard should be prompted whenever you click on a text box, just like other OS's handle it. It makes a lot more sense in my opinion.
    Agreed.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12