webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Missing Pictures in Photos?
Missing Pictures in Photos?

Old 01/19/2011, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

I've often had the "must eject device to view photos" on my Pre+, even sometimes unable to see a picture I just took until a reset is done, but today it only shows 1 picture in the photo roll, and the messaging pictures. When I go to DCIM in Internalz I can see the pictures. I've luna reset and device reset. Why isn't Photos seeing the pictures on the device?
Thanks
Old 01/19/2011, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

I copied a picture from one folder to another using Internalz, that caused Photos to refresh and all my pictures showed up again.
Old 01/19/2011, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

My phone does this too sometimes. If you download Luna Manager, there is a button that says rescan, I keep forgetting about it when this happens though. If I'm not mistaking, it refreshes the files on your phone.
jsgraphicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Luna rescan didn't do it for me. I pulled up my photos and noticed that instead of the several hundred I had, there were only 8. A little later, I opened my photos app and there were 11 photos. For the last 2 hours, no change.

Now I'm doing a restart of my phone...but this takes 7 minutes plus....yes, I am serious, it takes over 7 minutes to reboot my phone (Pre2 on VZW)...so we will see what happens...still waiting...

OK, so I finished and no luck. Still only 11 photos in my Photo Roll. The other sections of the photos app seem ok, but I didn't have many photos int them (Miscellaneous, Downloads, Messaging, and Wallpapers).

So, my next step, plug phone to computer, USB Drive...there they are! So, they are there...how do I get phone to recognize they are there?

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

It is probably tripping on one of the photos. I have seen a thread or two on it, but I don't recall that the offending image name is logged. Do you remember the last images you added (copied over USB or downloaded)? If so, you can use Internalz to hide them or delete in USB mode, and see if it finds the remaining images.
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Small problem now...my phone won't complete boot up. It has been 'booting on the HP logo for 20 minutes now...won't proceed. It isn't 'pulsating either. I have tried pulling the battery...twice now.

Well, I don't know what to do. I have my old Pre+, perhaps I could call Verizon and reinstate my Pre+ for now. I was going to be moving over to an android phone within a couple of weeks anyway. My webOS experience has gotten very buggy over the last couple of weeks.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Old 12/14/2012, 03:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Photo bugs are depressing but in trial and error I found that if you keep the Misc and download folder under two hundred photos you avoid the missing pic scenario.....also don't move your pics in USB mode it just makes the problem worse....

Internal works good but I recommend using Archive Manager as it more superior in moving as well as archiving all your stuff....well worth the money

I have over three thousand pics on my pre2 in 36 neat folders

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Thanked By: Rockbeast
Old 12/14/2012, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)

Well I tried to get to doctoring my Pre2, but alas, the evenings festivities (a Bball game for my duaghter and then the midnight premiere of The Hobbit) did not allow me to do it. So as I left for the theater, I put my Pre2 on a touchstone. When we returned home (at 3:30am, about 6 hours later) I noticed my Pre2 had had an unexpected journey of it's own. It was on, looking pretty normal, in TS mode showing a calendar item that had popped up at midnight I think.

I was pleased of course, but all is not well. It is very sluggish, it appears to be on the verge of freezing up. I did take a look at the Photo Roll, and I think they are back now...about 400 photos. I was too afraid to actually click on the last photos and see if they were indeed the last ones I took.

I got to my office this morning (about an hour later than usual...I'm just an ORC if I don't get my 4 hours sleep...and the phone was still limping along. After a little bit, I put the phone on the TS and continued with my work. Many minutes later, I noticed the screen was off...apparently it had never come on after putting it on the TS. I picked up the phone and I couldn't get the phone screen to come up by clicking the power button or by opening the slider...so I put it back on the TS. After several seconds, the screen came up, in a half dimmed mode, with a static touchscreen touch ripple visible over a launcher icon (Calendar). It won't do anything. there is a calendar event icon in the minimized notification bar. But it doesn't even look like it is charging.

Hey, as I was typing that, the phone switched to the screen you get when it is not on the TS and you press the power button...with the slide lock icon and the lower half of the screen dimmed out. I swiped up to bring up the screen and it did...there were two Tower Signal icons on the top bar, and then the phone went into a reset. This could take a while!

I guess I'm going to be trying to do a doctor at lunch. I have downloaded the Pre2 Verizon 2.1.x doctor from webOS Internals...trying to school myself on using the command line in 'DOS'. Do I have to put the doctor jar executable file in the c:\Program Files\java\jre6\bin subdirectory? Or, do I just need to change the directory to that subdirectory, THEN run the jar file by entering java -jar <path to doctor-file>?

If so, let's say my jar or specific doctor file is in c:\Program Files\webOS, do I type at the command prompt:

jar -jar c:\Program Files\webOS

I'm also thinking that if I save the doctor/jar file in the java bin subdirectory, that I don't need to specify the path, because it's in that directory already. Sorry, it has been so long since I did anything in command line DOS environment.

By the way, my phone did come back up after about 7 minutes. It was responsive, but not acting quite right. I just opened the Weather Channel app...and it took a while to boot up, and I only get a white screen. I tapped the Web browser, and it was a little slow coming up to the 'cards' page, but it did go to the website once I selected one of the cards.

Last edited by Rockbeast; 12/14/2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12/14/2012, 10:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Save it anywhere you want (except the jre bin folder ) Then cd to that folder from the command line and type "java -jar jarfilename.jar > doc.log"

I added that last bit to so it will send command line output to a file in case it fails, then you have it to post here for help.
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/17/2012 at 04:01 PM.
Thanked By: Rockbeast
Old 12/17/2012, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well my phone basically limped along through the weekend...it is acting strange, but it's working. So, because I need my phone to work for work, I was hesitant to try and doctor it, potentially rendering it useless (not because doctoring would do that, but because I might type an incorrect character and "BOOM"!). I will be getting another phone in a couple of days, so I didn't want to risk loosing my phone before then. Here are some of the strange things that are happening.

It seems to be running hot, and the battery only lasts about 4 hours now.
I can't get no satisfaction...with weather apps that is. The Weather Channel app just loads up a white screen. The Accuweather app returns nothing, the background screen is there but no data in front. Could these things be related? IS there a conspiracy going on about the weather...sort of a 'weather underground'? I don't know!

Old 12/17/2012, 04:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Something is definitely amiss with your phone. Doctoring is probably the best solution, provided there is nothing wrong with the hardware that would cause that to fail. It really doesn't take that long. If that doesn't fix it, it's probably time for a new phone.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0