Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Just as the title says, when I try to use the WebOS Doctor, I can get it to recognize my device (after some fiddling) but after I click it goes to the battery screen and it says "Charging Battery" after a few minutes (~5 mins or so) it says couldn't restart device.

    I've tried it with DevMode on and off. I've tried 3 different computers. 7 32bit, 7 64bit and Vista 32bit. I've also tried the other trick, holding the volume blah blah.

    Anyone know what the problem might be?
    Sprint Love
  2. #2  
    it could take a lot longer than 5 minutes because it won't advance until there is enough charge in the battery to meet its requirements.
  3. #3  
    also did you try putting the phone in recovery mode?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it could take a lot longer than 5 minutes because it won't advance until there is enough charge in the battery to meet its requirements.
    My battery was at 90%, I read that it only needed like 5% or so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    also did you try putting the phone in recovery mode?
    No I didn't... I actually didn't realize there was one. Could you point me in the direction to do that?
    Sprint Love
  5.    #5  
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

    If that's what you're talking about, that's what I put in my OP. I've tried that already.
    Sprint Love
  6. #6  
    recovery mode is where you unplug the phone, shut it down and remove the battery. Start the doctor and follow prompts until it asks you to connect the phone

    Then hold down the up-volume button for the following steps:

    plug phone in to PC
    when you see the question mark, insert battery
    when you see a big USB icon, you should release the volume button

    once the battery is sufficiently charged it will change to a symbol that looks like a cpu. At that point, you are good to go!
  7.    #7  
    I'm going to charge my battery to 100% and try that again.

    Any other suggestions if that doesn't work (which I'm doubting it will)?
    Sprint Love
  8. #8  
    i had this problem a while back. the way i fixed it was by going into
    Control panel > Programs > Uninstall programs.
    and found the novacom driver and uninstalled it. when you run webOS doctor, it will re-install the driver.

    this may not be the correct way of solving your problems, but it worked for me, and the doctor installed just fine after the steps above. My computer is running windows 7 32bit.
  9. #9  
    all you should need to do is restart navcom services lol ' open a search from start menu and type in, services.msc , then in the populated list click on services and then in the list that is populated there scroll down to palm navcom and right click on it and hit restart .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    recovery mode is where you unplug the phone, shut it down and remove the battery. Start the doctor and follow prompts until it asks you to connect the phone

    Then hold down the up-volume button for the following steps:

    plug phone in to PC
    when you see the question mark, insert battery
    when you see a big USB icon, you should release the volume button

    once the battery is sufficiently charged it will change to a symbol that looks like a cpu. At that point, you are good to go!
    these steps seem to fix the problem for me!!
  11. #11  
    Simple restarting my computer worked for me this morning.
  12. #12  
    i still have this problem. i have it with 2 separate palm pres. i've uninstalled and reinstalled the novacom drivers and it hasn't helped. its definitely something with the computer but i cant figure out what...
  13. #13  
    I had this problem with windows also, my solution was to use ubuntu using the wubi setup, that may sound a bit extreme but it seemed to make the meta doctor process a lot easier for me. I had no idea how to use ubuntu but it was an easy installation once I downloaded all the necessary drivers like novacom and it is actually a nice OS to use!
  14. #14  
    One time mine was stuck on the charging screen for over an hour, then continued like normal.
  15. paulm64's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    i had this problem a while back. the way i fixed it was by going into
    Control panel > Programs > Uninstall programs.
    and found the novacom driver and uninstalled it. when you run webOS doctor, it will re-install the driver.

    this may not be the correct way of solving your problems, but it worked for me, and the doctor installed just fine after the steps above. My computer is running windows 7 32bit.
    This worked for me. Thanks!

Posting Permissions