Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got this:

HP - webOS. The future revealed. February 9, 2011, 7:00 p.m to 9:30 p.m. | Fort Mason Center, Herbst Pavilion | San Francisco, CA 94123
    Please join Jon Rubinstein and the HP webOS Engineering and Developer Relations teams for a special presentation and developer community reception.

This event is open to all webOS developer community members and space is limited.

To confirm your attendance, register now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i just got this email as well i wonder if there'd be anything special at that event (hands-on with new hardware perhaps???) or if it's just show & tell... i'm tempted to fly home and check it out. anyone going?
    Just got it too. If I had the money to get up there, I'd definitely go...
  4.    #4  
    Too bad they didn't let us into the morning event
    Yep, just showed up in my email.

Wish I was closer I would love to go.
    There are four lights.
    They NEED developers to get excited and commit. Frankly, they need ports to tablets and whatever other devices they envision for ONLY THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER APPS.
    well it says at the bottom "no video recording" so i'm presuming that there will be some hardware on-hand to touch and ooh and aahs on top of that, the presentation itself is only 30 minutes but the event is for 2 hours... so there's got to be something else there and not just socializing for an hour and a half.

i need to visit my parents anyway so i think i'm going to start looking for airfare.
    Got my invite, tho i only signed up to get the sdk and make one patch lol. Wouldnt the hardware they want to show be announced during the mornng? Btw, would they be video streaming that live or anything like that?
    Only thing that sucks is that it's 7pm west coast time and I live in the east coast in RI so it'll be about 11pm here when it starts.
    yes i think that it's a given that hardware will be shown off during the morning to the whole world. there's no mention of streaming but i'd bet that they will be streaming it. no one does a major announcement these days w/o streaming coverage so i wouldn't worry about that.

as far as the evening session, i'm making some guesses based on the info that i saw:

1) the event itself is 7p-9:30p PST, yet the door opens at 6pm and the actual presentation is only 30 min from 7-7:30p. based on that, i'm guessing/hoping that there will be hardware devices available there.

2) on the registration confirmation screen, at the bottom, it says "please no recording" which again makes me believe that there will be hardware there on hand, or something else that they don't want to make available to the general public yet.

of course, i could be completely wrong w/these guesses but hey one can dream right?
  11.    #11  
    It would be great if they gave out phones like they did in NY but I highly doubt it.
    Idk,i mean the actual evemt. Verizon didnt live video stream their iphone announcement. Hopefully they will, they should release a url to bookmark now to watch on the 9th
    well considering that engadget and other news/blog outlets will be there covering it, i wouldn't worry too much. if there's no stream, then there'll be liveblogging and pictures and details aplenty.
  14. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    one of the many benefits of living in the bay area, i'm going! And I don't even have an app in the app catalog ... Damn, this totally made my day
    I like the title "The future revealed". I hope that the presentation delivers on that. No doubt some more on Enyo.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamMedina View Post
    Only thing that sucks is that it's 7pm west coast time and I live in the east coast in RI so it'll be about 11pm here when it starts.
    Cheer up! It will only be 10 PM EST.
    so sweet!!!! I'm going it's only a 2 hour drive from me so I'll see you guys there. I haven't developed an app yet but I got an email
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    so sweet!!!! I'm going it's only a 2 hour drive from me so I'll see you guys there. I haven't developed an app yet but I got an email
    I live in SF and I'm going to allocated 45 minutes to get across town during rush hour
    I got the email and don't really want to go. Don't think you need an email, just the link to registration. I'm sure you all will let us know what gives.
    I registered and plan to attend!
    :-)

Woohoo!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast