1.    #1  
    well, I just saw my first HP webOS ad. On Android Central of all places. I was already excited about the Feb event and now even more so. The ad was a near full screen pop up right on the home page. Featuring Paratrooper. Here is a screen-shot. Maybe someone smarter than I can interpret what they are trying to convey with this ad.

EDIT. I was looking at the screen cap and thought, "Why didn't I click on it?" So I went back and now it's not showing it to me...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The question is, what were you doing on that website in the first place? Traitor!!! Everybody, I'll provide the torches, you guys provide the pitchforks.
    all I have is a dinner fork...
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    The question is, what were you doing on that website in the first place? Traitor!!! Everybody, I'll provide the torches, you guys provide the pitchforks.
    I've got matches, but you'll have to come after me, too!

Posted from my eVo!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I've got matches, but you'll have to come after me, too!
    Just tell me where you are and I'll be there. Hopefully you won't be gone by the time Google Maps opens and provides me with directions.
    ROFL! The Seattle metro area....good luck!

Posted from my eVo!
    ....thats a webos ad from hp???? Thats the worst website ad for a phone os ive ever seen!
    I posted about it in this subforum yesterday...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    there. gave you a thanks. hope you're happy now.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Ah, somehow I knew that was coming.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    ....thats a webos ad from hp???? Thats the worst website ad for a phone os ive ever seen!
    What you see is just the end of the ad. It's actually about a 10-15 second flash ad with the air plane flying by and little parachute guys dropping out. It said something about paratrooper for webOS and other than that I don't remember much. I was really too shocked at the ad in the first place. Partly cause it was on Android Central and partly cause it's got to mean something big is right around the corner or they wouldn't be courting the audience of the fastest growing smart phone OS out right now. I don't say that last statement as a supporter of Android, it's just a fact.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I posted about it in this subforum yesterday...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ah, yes you did. Sorry I didn't catch that and just add to it. I looked through the "today's posts" and didn't see it. I never occurred to me that it could have come out earlier than today.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    What you see is just the end of the ad. It's actually about a 10-15 second flash ad with the air plane flying by and little parachute guys dropping out. It said something about paratrooper for webOS and other than that I don't remember much. I was really too shocked at the ad in the first place. Partly cause it was on Android Central and partly cause it's got to mean something big is right around the corner or they wouldn't be courting the audience of the fastest growing smart phone OS out right now. I don't say that last statement as a supporter of Android, it's just a fact.
    Ah Adobe Flash Player that will be coming in my birthday month that won't come to pixis. I bet someone os going to find a hack. I hope pixi owners get flash lite at leased if that doesn't work. Check out my "what if" thread while we wait for 1-3 more months to add some fun here.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Ah Adobe Flash Player that will be coming in my birthday month that won't come to pixis. I bet someone os going to find a hack. I hope pixi owners get flash lite at leased if that doesn't work. Check out my "what if" thread while we wait for 1-3 more months to add some fun here.
    What? What I said is that the ad on androidcentral which I viewed on my pc is a flash ad. This has nothing to do with when flash will be on webOS.
    Flash is still up in the air. Just because they are making an announcement in February, that doesn't mean anyone is getting flash.

Posted from my eVo!
  16.    #16  
    Oh boy this is getting off topic. As Charlie Brown would say, Good Greif.
    It is a topic about an ad but then again some of us are a little too excited. What's strange is that I saw a windows 7 phone ad on the homepage last month. Any ideas on why it was there?
  18.    #18  
    Well clearly these sites will take ads from whoever will buy one. It doesn't matter if it is a different platform. And actually it makes sense that they go after ppl not currently using their devices. So, what I find really interesting is that while HP is willing to take on the current goliath of the phone world, MS is only confident enough to go after the shrinking OS crowd. I think I like HPs idea of shooting for the stars better.