Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have been looking into the systemfiles of the webOS-Doctor (jar) and found a few pictures, but i dont know where they are used. Was just wondering what these are for.

    The first two are a blue and orange palm logo (like the booting up logo) the others are attached

    I also found a free mp3 file (Careless Hearts - Yolo Country Line (2008/Heart's Delight) in the demo-account.

    I have attached the picutres (i hope this is ok, if not please delete)

    edit: removed
    Last edited by DirkGently; 01/07/2011 at 01:24 PM.
  2. #2  
    First: These were discovered in early November -- when the first Pre2 doctor came out
    Second: You cannot upload images here because you do not have the right to redistribute the files
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You cannot upload images here because you do not have the right to redistribute the files
    Uh? I didn't know posting images now is redistribution I guess all the threads from the past and images using palm logos on the main page should be removed since they are redistribution palms original images.

    I mean come on this is over the top... Guess I have to now go download 200mb file to "view" but first now I have to guess what images hes talking about.
    Last edited by helidos; 01/07/2011 at 01:56 PM.
  4. #4  
    Well, technically arthurthornton is correct. The posted images are direct rips from webOS and are considered Palm's property.
  5. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Well, technically arthurthornton is correct. The posted images are direct rips from webOS and are considered Palm's property.
    So are the share your stock 2.0, att, verizon etc wallpaper from the stock images considering people want those on there phone as well.


    If he was attaching the launcher files etc by all means yes those need to go but blowing the whistle for images = to the wallpapers being posted in other thread created by palm is over the top.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    So are the share your stock 2.0, att, verizon etc wallpaper from the stock images considering people want those on there phone as well.


    If he was attaching the launcher files etc by all means yes those need to go but blowing the whistle for images = to the wallpapers being posted in other thread created by palm is over the top.
    I'm not in charge of anything around here, so you'd need to ask the P|C Mods. I'm not entirely sure what's ok to post and what isn't.
  7. #7  
    Dieter himself posted the Pre 2 wallpapers, so I'm pretty sure images aren't an issue. Sharing files of proprietary code is one thing, but images aren't a problem.

    Remember everyone pulling apart the doctor files of 2.0 as soon as it hit and posting everything they found? Like I said, this isn't an issue.
  8. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Dieter himself posted the Pre 2 wallpapers, so I'm pretty sure images aren't an issue. Sharing files of proprietary code is one thing, but images aren't a problem. Remember everyone pulling apart the doctor files of 2.0 as soon as it hit and posting everything they found?
    Ty for clearing that up!

Posting Permissions