1.    #1  
    would we be seeing a webOS boom? Would it be webOS the star of CES 2011?...just imagine webOS on all that hardware.. Wowowowzers...
    webos with touch wiz, htc sense, motorblur skinned on top, meh thanks but no thanks. but webos on the lg black, the motorola bionic, sign me up
    Funny you should mention this. I was pretty hard on the whole "big phone" trend when the EVO came out. But my wife has been *****ing about her Pre Plus and wanted to try something else. So I got her a Samsung Fascinate for X-mas and was blown away by it. It's lighter than my Pre Plus and fits in my front pocket without any problems. It's a really nice piece of hardware and I want one!! BUT I want one with webOS and not Android!
    ahahahah NOT NECESSARILY. You could manufacture it to other companies, and do what Microsoft did, NOT LET ANYONE SKIN IT OR EVEN TOUCH IT.
    If HTC was also branded with webOS , HTC would be getting roughly twice as much as they earn.

HTC+webOS= booming sales

Good Hardware+Good OS= booming hp sales

Since palm is my first and only OS I can't say it's the best until I try out all the other mobile OS. Android's pretty nice but my neighbor told me that It can't open multplie web browsers. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    ahahahah NOT NECESSARILY. You could manufacture it to other companies, and do what Microsoft did, NOT LET ANYONE SKIN IT OR EVEN TOUCH IT.
    exactly. they wouldn't have to. But i think you could make the argument that if they had licensed it when it was getting tons of hype pre launch and android was only on i think the G1 they may have had a shot. would have been on probably 7 or 8 devices by the end of the first year rather then one. And assuming it had any penetration there'd be many manufacturers discussing their webos phones at ces now. Any you'd have many form factors. for many tastes. Palm would not have taken the hit for the pre hardware cause the wouldn't have had to make hardware. They'd not have spent all the money on support and replacements and rather improving the software so we'd possibly be farther along in development and in product features. With many hardware makers i'd bet we have a more compelling argument for why developers should make apps. But i think in general you'd probably have more phones then a pre and a pixi. But hey that's all speculation obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    HTC+webOS= booming sales
    i think an even better scenario would be the options that would come from:

HTC + Webos
    Samsung + Webos
    Motorola + Webos
    LG + Webos
    Sony + Webos

i don't really like all their phones but options are good in my boat.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 01/08/2011 at 02:34 AM.