1.    #1  
    Can someone who has a pre2 check to see what happens if one taps the screen outside of a card. Mini cards or nothing? Big mini card fan here
    No mini cards.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Yeah, I love mini cards =( too bad its gone now....grrr.....not sure if will upgrade to webos2.0 now on my pixi lol!

The patch available for webos 1.x in the universal search functionality gives it pretty much the same functionality as the webos 2.0 typewhateveritis lol!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    No mini cards.
    Thanks. Instead of getting rid of it they should have perfected it with an option to tile six of them. Excuse me while I get a stiff drink and fire off a complaint to palm
  5.    #5  
    Here is the link if anyone else wants to complain

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    You could make the cards _always_ mini with a quick edit to /etc/palm/luna.conf

In the [UI] section, change to these values:
    Code:
    ActiveCardWindowRatio=0.3
    NonActiveCardWindowRatio=0.3
    But without the larger cards, its sometimes hard to stack how you want it, or toss the right card out of a stack (I suspect this is the reason they've removed it in 2.0.)

Last edited by oil; 01/03/2011 at 09:41 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the info and the pics. If you are saying we can have minicards but stacks only work when they are big I will take that. Thanks again man.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    If you are saying we can have minicards but stacks only work when they are big I will take that.
    I'm not.

That hack makes them ALWAYS minified. There is no big view.

You can do one or the other. And switching requires a luna restart.
  9.    #9  
    Ok, still better than nothing. Minicards plus advanved gesture will do just fine, didn't quite get the point of the big cards when one can only see one at a time. I am assuming we still have advanced gestures. Thanks.
    Last edited by laingman; 01/03/2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I am assuming we still have advanced gestures.
    Yes.
    So can you just change the number and make somewhere-in-the-middle-sized cards?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    how does it work now when u swipe from side to side with advanced gestures in webOS 2.0?? does it switch from stack to stack or goes through each individual card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    So can you just change the number and make somewhere-in-the-middle-sized cards?
    Yes, the default is Active=0.659, and NonActive=0.61. I was running 0.45/0.4, and it was smaller but still usable:

You can also go bigger, if you want, 0.85/0.8:

Or mix it up and flip the default:

Also, unlike "mini card" view in 145, tapping the card on the side does not bring it full screen, it simply centers it in card view.

Quote Originally Posted by stilo602 View Post
    how does it work now when u swipe from side to side with advanced gestures in webOS 2.0?? does it switch from stack to stack or goes through each individual card?
    When in card view: It moves stack to stack.
    When in app view: It moves from card to card.
  14.    #14  
    Hey Oil,

Great info. I think I like the size in the first screenshot best. Also it seems it will make navigation easier since previously it took two actions to get to minicards and now it should take one. I think.
  15.    #15  
    I see what you are saying about the one on the side centering instead of going full screen because it is a resize of the big card and not true minicard, so
    launching the side card requires sort of an awkward double tap because it moves or just center it first then tap. Not a big deal.
  16.    #16  
    I don't think they removed minicards because it was hard to manipulate the stacks, the minicards were never functional in the first place