1. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Hey Pre people, I noticed something weird over the last year and I think it's not just me or my Pre. Ever since I got my Pre last summer I have had about 50 people call me saying that they missed my call and were calling me back. The weird thing is that I never called them and my call history proves it. Keep in mind all these people are in my contacts list. So why and how are they getting a call from me? Something that threw me for a curve the other day was a call I got from a coworker who was calling me back and when I told him that I didn't call he said the other guy said the same thing. So he received two missed calls at about the same time and both of us that "ghost" called him have a Pre, he does not. So then I asked my buddy who has the Pre and he says he gets that all the time too. So what's the deal? We both have had the Pre since the same week back in August '09, both have been exchanged for refurb models at least twice, both on Sprint. I'm starting to wonder if there are others out there that may have noticed this too. Another weird thing that makes me curious is something I was reading on Android Central about a bug that will send send text messages to the wrong contact, or a different one than you select. Hmmm...
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I've never had any such problems with my phone before, and I've had my phone since around November '09. It sounds like a network problem TBH.. Or an app?
  3. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I'm starting to think it's either the Pre (a buggy program I installed or something) or Sprint. Considering I have three other phones with Sprint and never happens on those lines I assume it's my Pre.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    GSM pre here, never had such problems. How long does the phone ring on the other end?
    its not the pre. Wouldn't make any sense to blame the phone.

unless you are in the habit of putting it into your pocket without turning it off.

you would also find it dialing the most recent number or only the contacts that show up in the first screen of the contact app.

sounds more like something wacky in the network. Who is your carrier?

ironically the android phones are experiencing a bug where the text message are going the wrong people. Too bad Brett Farve didn't have an android phone so he could claim he was sending those messages to his wife!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/02/2011 at 01:47 PM.
    My Pre did that a few times, but thankfully, it only dialed my dad. He had several calls on his cell phone missed call log, showing that I'd called him, when I hadn't.

The Android text bug only happens when using the HTC Sense text application, so it can be solved easily by switching to a different text app. I did that, just to avoid having to deal with the problem altogether.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    CDMA pixi and for some reason my friend called me and I had all bars but I never got the call. Call history proved it. I'm guessing it's the carriers or a radio chip bug.
  8. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    its not the pre. Wouldn't make any sense to blame the phone.

unless you are in the habit of putting it into your pocket without turning it off.

you would also find it dialing the most recent number or only the contacts that show up in the first screen of the contact app.

sounds more like something wacky in the network. Who is your carrier?

ironically the android phones are experiencing a bug where the text message are going the wrong people. Too bad Brett Farve didn't have an android phone so he could claim he was sending those messages to his wife!

on Sprint. People that get my missed call have been contacts I hadn't called in ages so not recently dialed numbers. The last time I was sitting there watching tv and Pre was on the counter for hours not being used. The guys call history said I called him 5 minutes before he called me back.

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  9. mg3
    ghost webos.......

que the vincent price laugh
    Check to see if there is any damage to your screen. One of my Mom's Pres and one of my wife's did this but I think it was due to the crack that spread from the usb port across the screens. We would literally sit there and watch the phone dial random numbers (you could even see the tap animation happening all over the screen).
    Day one sprint Pre owner, never had that issue. Are the calls on your call list? Are they on your bill?
    I experience this ONLY when I first activate a specific bluetooth device.
    I use to have this problem on my Pixi and my Moment. I guess the touch screen doesn't actually turn off on those phones as soon as you press the standby button.
  14. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Check to see if there is any damage to your screen. One of my Mom's Pres and one of my wife's did this but I think it was due to the crack that spread from the usb port across the screens. We would literally sit there and watch the phone dial random numbers (you could even see the tap animation happening all over the screen).
    Do have a small crack by the usb port but this is not the cause, if so then the call history would show on my phone. Problem is all the people who I ghost call do not show in my call history.

Haven't checked Sprint bill though...

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I had this happen to me last March. Turns out some people in Jamaica hijacked my phone account, somehow got my contact data, called random people, and charged $3,000 worth of phones, 900 numbers, and other garbage to my account. I had a real fun time sorting that crap out.