it will be in 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    it will be in 2.0
    Huh? Where did you read that?
    Here, for one.

In addition to Flash and the previously-mentioned OpenSearch, there's improved support for HTML5, including geolocation.
    Ahh.. thanks jhoff... For some reason I wasn't thinking that route. "location aware" term wasn't registering in my head correctly. I kept thinking constant location monitoring... I need a vacation soon.
    When I accessed twitter.com from Firefox 4.0b8 on Linux yesterday, a popup next to the location bar prompted me if I wanted my location (based on IP address) sent to the requesting site. However, when I tried it on Firefox 4.0b8 on Windows a few minutes ago, I never got the same prompt. I can't even find the option to enable or disable it in the Properties dialog.

I've an EU Palm Pre 2 (with webOS 2.0.1) and I tried accessing twitter.com. As soon as I logged in to my twitter account, a prompt popped up asking if I was okay with sending my location. The options it gave were something like Accept Always, Accept Once or Never. So I guess it does work.
    When I tweeted, it posted my location as "Division No. 6, Alberta" (I'm in Calgary). It got the division right. I'm just not sure if it's based on a GPS reading or the client's IP address. Regardless, that's a rather imprecise reading.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    If it's using HTML5 geolocation, it should be based on the client's IP address - not their GPS.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.