Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I switched back to a Palm Pre Minus from an Samsung EPIC today. I loved the hardware but hated the OS.

The one thing I do the most it would not do for me. Allow me to access my voicemail or phone and enter info into my calendar for appointments.

The app catalog was huge and the hardware was solid but, I felt like I was giving up something to use it and it was difficult to use. Believe it or not it was to big. I don't want to use two hands to use my phone!

Palm Please hurry and take care of us when you make a new phone!
    did you get a new Pre or reactivated the one you had?
    The Samsung Epic has all those features, there may have just been a problem with your phone or you didn't know how to access them, but they are available.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The Samsung Epic has all those features, there may have just been a problem with your phone or you didn't know how to access them, but they are available.
    That's the problem with Android. Probably one of the least intuitive OSes I've used. It has some cool features, but has much more of a learning curve than webOS.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    isn't the epic the landscape keyboard? I've allways thought those were ugly and bloaded to use.

@verwon, I've found it difficult to dive into android beyond 3rd party apps every time I've used one. Webos is def more intuitive for that
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    isn't the epic the landscape keyboard? I've allways thought those were ugly and bloaded to use.

@verwon, I've found it difficult to dive into android beyond 3rd party apps every time I've used one. Webos is def more intuitive for that
    Yes, it's got the landscape keyboard, that's why I went with the Evo, instead. I don't want anymore slider phones of any type.

When you use a phone, with a different OS, such as Android, you really have to expect to have to learn it. Not all are going to be as easy to use as others.
    Once HPalm puts out the real hardware for webOS, /Drool.....

Cool hardware cannot makeup for a frustrating OS.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    the ones that arnt as easy should make that a priority
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I agree that WebOS was an easy OS to pick up and use, very low learning curve to it. I went with the Evo as well, know it will be a learning curve but looking forward to solid build quality and a big enough screen where typing shouldn't be an issue. I am looking at it as new experience with a great piece of technology. Agree that it isn't for everyone, will see in the next couple of weeks how it goes.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    <<thread moved from Pre to General webOS Chat>>
    i am totally in agreement with everyone, webos is certainly more intuitive, android certainly has those features, and imho, the epic seems to be the better screen size and resolution. the funny part is that my non-techie wifey doesn't have to ask me too many webos questions and can figure most things out, while all my android-toting neighborhood wives have been asking me tons of questions cause they can't figure android things out to save their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    i am totally in agreement with everyone, webos is certainly more intuitive, android certainly has those features, and imho, the epic seems to be the better screen size and resolution. the funny part is that my non-techie wifey doesn't have to ask me too many webos questions and can figure most things out, while all my android-toting neighborhood wives have been asking me tons of questions cause they can't figure android things out to save their lives.
    As if there aren't just as many men that need to learn things, when using any phone OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    As if there aren't just as many men that need to learn things, when using any phone OS.
    sorry if my post came across as anything sexist, total accident, but the neighborhood husbands coincidentally care only about sports and "the weather". i am the tech go-to guy on our street and it is only the wives that call for help.
    sorry if my post came across as anything sexist, total accident, but the neighborhood husbands coincidentally care only about sports and "the weather". i am the tech go-to guy on our street and it is only the wives that call for help.
    LOL! Thanks for the apology!

Hell, let's just go sexist and say, that's because most men are too macho to ask for help!!!

ROFL!
    well, if we're going sexist, then i'll add that the husbands are not as good looking as their wives!!!
    well, if we're going sexist, then i'll add that the husbands are not as good looking as their wives!!!
    LMAO!

I no longer have one to worry about, but when I did, no he wasn't even close.
  17.    #17  
    Maybe the Epic will do both but the Sprint employee who owns one could not figure it out or show me how. I tried it in visual voice mail and in standard and it ended the program every time. I loved the build of hardware and the apps as I have said before. The OS is a pain in the but. It wasn't terrible to use it was awkward and i could have settled for it but, the more I thought about it I really did not like it.

The 4G connection in Cincinnati would lock the network up in the middle of use and have to disconnect and switch back to 3g causing problems. The Email was slower than webOS and it did not seem to check it at the 15 minute rate I had it set at. It would bog down when it shouldn't. The facebook app had more issues than the current webos one (Kept having to go to the web version to keep feeds up)

They were a bit dumbfounded when I brought my beat-up old Pre minus there to be reactivated. I don't need a huge brick of a phone just a good sized easy to read phone that works smooth. Yes, I like the small Pre keyboard.
  18.    #18  
    reactivated my old one
    Don't you just love stories like this, people saying"I had to switch back because I need x feature and android does not have it." how can you use os and not know how to use a feature you put such a high value on? Would you not learn them features from day one, even if you had to read something to learn it?I remember when I use to believe what was said, that android was hard and complicated, clunky, or any of the the adjectives used. Very simple to use, and if it did not have features I value so much, never would have used in the first place. For me anyway, if I had to switch back to my pre after using evo for over two months, it would be like going from high speed internet, back to dial up. Or from hd tv back to black and white. Turned my pre on using wi fi the other day so my six year old could play games, and I could not believe it compared to what I am now use to. as far as android os goes, to me, its pretty easy and nice to use, and like any other os, has its up's and downs. There is yet to be the perfect os invented.

Sent using taptalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Don't you just love stories like this, people saying"I had to switch back because I need x feature and android does not have it."
    Or the feature actually exists but they couldn't figure it out in five minutes so they returned it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast