Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Since WebOS has the poorest memory management and the least amount and variety of apps available, I have to say it is NOT the ultimate multitasker pretty much any way you would put it.
    The user manages memory in webOS and many of us prefer the os not close our apps for us. I'm great at memory management making webOS great at memory management. I'd rather not have an os loading and/or unloading apps into memory without my input. But thanks for tying to pass your opinion off as a negative fact.

Btw, having a lot of apps is nice but if those apps weren't built with multitasking features in mind, then the multitasking experience with those apps is poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    The user manages memory in webOS and many of us prefer the os not close our apps for us. I'm great at memory management making webOS great at memory management. I'd rather not have an os loading and/or unloading apps into memory without my input. But thanks for tying to pass your opinion off as a negative fact.
    Odd...when I had a Pre, it often managed the memory for me - and this is over 13 months, several OS upgrades, and seven different physical Pre phones - by giving me random "Too Many Cards" errors even with just one or no cards open. Several others here and elsewhere experienced the same. Even with the latest hardware. I guess our memories are opinion.

Btw, having a lot of apps is nice but if those apps weren't built with multitasking features in mind, then the multitasking experience with those apps is poor.
    And that would be the fault of the developer, not the OS.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Odd...when I had a Pre, it often managed the memory for me - and this is over 13 months, several OS upgrades, and seven different physical Pre phones - by giving me random "Too Many Cards" errors even with just one or no cards open. Several others here and elsewhere experienced the same. Even with the latest hardware. I guess our memories are opinion.
    lol, we're talking about bugs now? as if android and ios doesn't have bugs and memory leaks.

And that would be the fault of the developer, not the OS.
    not when the os wasn't designed to have multitasking from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I use to love cards, had to get use to not having them.now I like not having cards. Block up my screen and having to swipe this to get to,and flick that to close.putting your thumb on home button for one second and having all my open apps in one spot is much easier and convenient for me.its just a preference,no way of doing things is right or wrong,it's what is right for you.

Evo-lution
    I like having cards because I throw on a patch (no video pause) and I can have a video playing in one card while I am seaching for another in the other card. Same for the brower, open links in a new card(s) and use advanced gestures to go back to the original search page. And I say to myself this is good.
    Last edited by laingman; 01/05/2011 at 05:15 PM.
    My funniest moment was when I caught myself trying to swipe something off the screen of my Evo. I had to remind myself that it doesn't work that way. LOL!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    lol, we're talking about bugs now? as if android and ios doesn't have bugs and memory leaks.
    Bugs and glitches matter. I think if the original Pre hadn't been so buggy, it might well have been an iPhone killer. But the user experience wasn't smooth, and people prefered iPhones.
    I use to love cards, had to get use to not having them.now I like not having cards. Block up my screen and having to swipe this to get to,and flick that to close.putting your thumb on home button for one second and having all my open apps in one spot is much easier and convenient for me.its just a preference,no way of doing things is right or wrong,it's what is right for you.

Evo-lution
    Actually putting your thumb on the home screen is kind of annoying lol. Only reason i like the evo is because it's a lot more faster, more apps and it doesnt delete all my info before i wake up.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191

Evo-lution
    if you like the old home button you better baby that thing, because according to Mathais interview with engadget it's all gestures and cards going forward. Or you can get an iphone
    Personally I don't believe anyone who says they prefer to hold down the home button to see a list of icons as opposed to real live view of your app. Kinda like saying color tv is nice but I like black and white
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Android has great hardware and very good functionality but thats about where it ends. Quality of apps is subpar and the UI is in need of some serious tweaking. Integrate the back and menu button into the UI as opposed to it's current state which is clunky and tedious in my opinion.
    Androids are currently too big to be pocketable. One of Pre's best features at launch was how it feels in your hand. Not for the movie-watching crowd of course, but I'll get a tablet for that experience. I think Duarte's defection to Google may steal most of the ease of use of WebOS for Android over the next few versions.
    I have an Evo and it fits in my pocket just fine!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Androids are currently too big to be pocketable. One of Pre's best features at launch was how it feels in your hand. Not for the movie-watching crowd of course, but I'll get a tablet for that experience. I think Duarte's defection to Google may steal most of the ease of use of WebOS for Android over the next few versions.
    What kind of pants are you wearing. There are many different sizes and shapes android phones come in. My EVO Shift fits in my hand and pocket very comfortably.
    I switched over to the EPIC about a week ago due to hardware issues with my Pre. I love it so far.

Yes the phone is bigger than the Pre, but after a few days you get used to it and it fits fine in your pocket (unless you're wearing skinny jeans lulz)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234