Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    oh crap it does??!?!?! That will take getting used too...hopefully stacks will make up for it.

Or maybe Ill never upgrade to webos 2.0 lol
    it just has a steeper learning curve but come on navigating around android is not rocket science here!
    stacks? come on stack this-- how many aps do u have to 'stack' up - is this the best they can do? is hitting a button with your thumb too hard for people?
    The android guys are funny. NOTHING beats the pre for multitasking. Because if you are really being productive it means two or three things at the max. And for that there is Nothing that beats advanced gestures. My friend just texted me while writing this post, I answered him and did one swipe and continued writing, full screen to full screen, no home button. I mean it's ok to switch to android for whatever reason but come in here and say it better at multitasking is just out there.
    Webos is pretty much the ultimate multitasking os out there.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Webos is pretty much the ultimate multitasking os out there.

Sent From Tapatalk.
    More like the ultimate task switcher...
    Quote Originally Posted by rock9hard View Post
    stacks? come on stack this-- how many aps do u have to 'stack' up - is this the best they can do? is hitting a button with your thumb too hard for people?
    On the Evo it was when using one hand. Stupid button was way to far away and i would always hit the search button. Offensive line crippled my thumbs so they are not that nimble
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Whatever you want to call it, it is the best. Why you wanna disrespect the great webos
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Whatever you want to call it, it is the best. Why you wanna disrespect the great webos
    Task switching and multitasking is two different things. But there is no disrespect coming from me. I just call it like I see it.
    I'm actually quite happy with the way Android does things and didn't find it hard to learn and use, at all.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Task switching and multitasking is two different things. But there is no disrespect coming from me. I just call it like I see it.
    And by the way, did you hear steve jobs say that some companies know how to make software like palm. There is no doubt in my mind that Jobs and Rubin wish they did it first but are stuck with what they got. And some are just gonna copy and be done with it.
    And by the way, did you hear steve jobs say that some companies know how to make software like palm. There is no doubt in my mind that Jobs and Rubin wish they did it first but are stuck with what they got. And some are just gonna copy and be done with it.
    No... Was that a response to my statement or just something random?
  13.    #53  
    Yesterday I shattered my back on my extended battery for my Pre Minus so I am back on the touchstone and craigs list for a Pre Plus to convert my sprint phone up. There are a couple of New Pre's there too I will have to do something before June.

Have any of you considered that the new PalmPad might be a mixed device? With no pictures to date and the old Palm Patent what if it was a tablet with a slider that a evo shaped piece of hardware would connect with for 4g connection so you only had to have one thing to carry?

I know it could connect WIFI or Bluetooth but the right form factor could be cool but probably to thick compared tothe sleek ipad so Kill that idea.

I just want something to get me through to the new phone makes it here.

By the way I have that Epic if anyone wants to buy it make me an offer it is practically new has a screen protector and a snap on rugged case for all the android lovers here!

PALM I would trade you it for a Pre 2 on Verizon if you are listening that is off contract so i can get a new superphone this summer!
    i didnt like android at first. once you learn to navigate, its just as easy as webos. i like webos but the support from major devs is really lacking. new hardware would be nice too.

i got an hd2 running android. at first i thought the 4.3 screen was way too big but the more i handle it, the more better it felt and i got small hands.
    No... Was that a response to my statement or just something random?
    Can be random I quess, my point is even steve jobs knows a good platform when he sees it. He said that about palm at the antenna press conference

http://m.precentral.net/steve-jobs-palm-good-making-software
    Last edited by laingman; 01/03/2011 at 11:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    I take it, many of you people dont know about the 2nd swipe action. You basically tap the background after hitting the swipe button and that makes the apps zoom out even more. Then with a single flick you can go from one end to the other of your open cards. Or you can have a slower flick and go 3-4 apps over.
    I have had over 15+ cards open at once and its very easy using the extra zoom option.
    I take it you missed the advanced gesture remark. But even using the swipe up then over is more actions then hold home then pick the app.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Task switching is how the user multitasks (as oppose to the os multitasking) so he's not wrong. And webos can multitask more open apps then any other mobile os so it is the ultimate multitasker any way you put it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Task switching is how the user multitasks (as oppose to the os multitasking) so he's not wrong. And webos can multitask more open apps then any other mobile os so it is the ultimate multitasker any way you put it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Since WebOS has the poorest memory management and the least amount and variety of apps available, I have to say it is NOT the ultimate multitasker pretty much any way you would put it.
    I use to love cards, had to get use to not having them.now I like not having cards. Block up my screen and having to swipe this to get to,and flick that to close.putting your thumb on home button for one second and having all my open apps in one spot is much easier and convenient for me.its just a preference,no way of doing things is right or wrong,it's what is right for you.

Evo-lution
    Dont know if you are serious. But if I regularly had 8 apps open then I would prefer holding down the old home button. But I usually have no more than three, I quess I am not a "power user".

But what I find that I do a lot is to be on a call and have my contacts open and use advanced gestures to quicky switch between dial pad and my contact notes. That is invaluable to me, more so than voice dialing etc. would be. To each his own i guess.
    I usually have 3-5 apps open. But I find it very handy to switch to an email or contacts to look up something while I am on the phone, or to pull up the web or contacts or something while I am composing an email. Since I can read stuff in "card view", I can switch back and forth very quickly and easily to get things done. I haven't used Android, but I am very happy with this part of WebOS's interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    BTW webOS 2.0 removes this zoomed out view.
    That's too bad. Although, I mostly use it to rearrange cards to put things that I want to use together next to each other. So maybe I won't miss it.

I really hope they copy it. I like the Pre, and I like WebOS, but I am afraid it's a lost cause. There just aren't enough apps, and there isn't enough momentum to keep it going. So I'm hoping that other companies will copy the best parts of the user interface and incorporate them into Android or some other more viable platform.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast