Yes, I did figure out that you cannot use the visual voicemail and switch back to your calendar to enter information.
You have to use the phone feature only to switch back to the calendar. It does work because I still have the phone and did figure it out. Android does work obviously otherwise there would not be such a huge number of phones out there.
I spent time learning the OS but I could have spent more you are all correct. Here are a few of the issues I noticed to be really annoying. Samsung built a great phone that is understood.
1. The ability to switch between programs without having to back out of everything or use the home button. Even after using one of those two options programs still show running in the OS. Samsung has incorporated a monitor so you can kill them into their portion of the product.
2. The facebook app that was most current on the phone constantly had problems working and would drop feed (Maybe it was my phone) The web based touch version worked when it would not.
3. (My fault) The form factor of the epic was awkward for me. It should not take two hands to use a phone.
4. The apps for it were pretty cool and there are plenty of them that is a huge plus
5. Maybe it is Sprint and 4g here in Cincinnati the phone when going out of a 4g area did not seamlessly switch and hung with network errors causing page or app reload issues.
6. The default email app did not check my corporate email as often as I specified. The product worked much better with gmail. I use 4 email accounts regularly and it did not pull emails for all of them on aq regular basis. The LED did not notify me of emails as it was setup to and the notification really are lacking.
7. Wifi/4g/3g issues I work in the field and am constantly switching between areas of town. It does not sense and change in any swmooth fashion. My Pre did this with ease and I am not sure why it was such an issue.
8. The search for contacts and other it just wasn't right from the start. Contacts would not show up in a contact search but would in the google general search. This may have been a setup issue or linking of the accounts issue
Here are some better things about the Epic:
1. Voice calling was clearer and the signal was better than my Pre
2. The screen and build quality whcih is quite obvious
3. Google Voice search and text was awesome
The bottom line is I could have adapted to