Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Is this possible and could you show me how?
    Why would you need to do that?

Anyway, yes it's possible. Install the ipk file with WebOS Quick Install.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    My phone only downloads certainn apps for some reason. Where could you download the file?
    Hopefully this isn't a request for how to sideload pirated apps.

If your phone was not activated in the US, the catalog would be restricted based on what country it was activated in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryank262 View Post
    My phone only downloads certainn apps for some reason. Where could you download the file?
    Normally, App Catalog apps are only able to be downloaded from your phone. So, you may be out of luck.
    Search for IPK Fetcher, it's a Java application that lets you search into the entire free app catalog without restrictions and generate "dummy" apps that you just need to update.

And for paid apps, the only choice is piracy, I hope you won't fall into this ;-)
    I honestly dont feel like someone who is pirating a paid app that they cant get in their region is really doing something immoral.

Yes, they are breaking the law, but common, they couldnt pay for it if they wanted to.

Honestly, I think its immoral for app developers to region their apps to only certian locations. I know sometimes it is necessary (aka Pandora is only available in the USA) but there are a ton of apps that for no reason whatsoever are only available in the US. Get off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I honestly dont feel like someone who is pirating a paid app that they cant get in their region is really doing something immoral.

Yes, they are breaking the law, but common, they couldnt pay for it if they wanted to.
    Stealing is stealing no matter how you look at it.