1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I need help with universal search. I use in contact names czech accented letters - Š, Č, Ř, ... When I want to use universal search - for example search for Žižka - then I have to type big letter Ž at first. When I search for Zizka, it won't return anything.

Is there some possibility to search these name without accents. Type Z instead of Ž, C instead of Č, R instead of Ř, ...
    So when I need to search Žižka, I can write Zizka and it will search.

Thank you for help.
    Hi there. I've looked into this when deploying the PalmCesky Czech localisation for webOS. It seems that it's a system thing that couldn't be easily changed. The system sorts the names in a correct order but doesn't search.

The webOS 2.0 localisation is not finished but there is some evidence that Palm solved this issue in 2.0 because there are "accented->non-accented" character mapping files available for each locale.

The current workaround is to a add an alias to each contact with name starting with an accented character so the search would find the contact.
    Easy peasy,
    add nickname in your contacts

Example:
    Name: Žižka
    Nickname: Zizika

when you type Zizka he will find Žižka

long live webOS
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Good call @DirkGently! I was gonna give the same advice! I've made all sorts of easy-quick nicknames to contacts!!
  5.    #5  
    Thank you, good advice. I have searched for some difficult solution but I have missed this easy thing :-)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by czechdev View Post
    Hi there. I've looked into this when deploying the PalmCesky Czech localisation for webOS. It seems that it's a system thing that couldn't be easily changed. The system sorts the names in a correct order but doesn't search.

The webOS 2.0 localisation is not finished but there is some evidence that Palm solved this issue in 2.0 because there are "accented->non-accented" character mapping files available for each locale.

The current workaround is to a add an alias to each contact with name starting with an accented character so the search would find the contact.
    Thanks for explaining czechdev, I hope WebOS 2.0 will solve it. I am the only one czech with pixi plus :-) so I hope it will come for my device too.