1.    #1  
    I know WebOS 2.0 mostly likely won't be coming OTA for existing devices until sometime in 2011. I know that. Yet still, with yesterday being Christmas and all, I woke up and thought "maybe Palm/wireless carriers will give us all a Christmas present and 2.0 will be available today!" So in light of that, I'm guilty....I hit the update button one time.

Anyone else? I can't be the only one...
    LOL... that's optimism!
    I did it for kicks today. Haven't been on here in the last couple of days and I checked too, just for fun. I can't even say I was disappointed, I expected nothing and got what I expected. I gave up on checking a long time ago (on a regular basis). Maybe it'll come on New Years, or Valentine's Day, or St. Patrick's Day, or Easter....
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I know WebOS 2.0 mostly likely won't be coming OTA for existing devices until sometime in 2011. I know that. Yet still, with yesterday being Christmas and all, I woke up and thought "maybe Palm/wireless carriers will give us all a Christmas present and 2.0 will be available today!" So in light of that, I'm guilty....I hit the update button one time.

Anyone else? I can't be the only one...
    I have to admit, I checked for updates on my Pre for Christmas.
    My updates aren't straight w/ me. I always am told I have app udates even when there are none. I want to believe tho....

-shag-
    Global Posts
    921 Global Posts
    my personal opine: we won't see 2.0 til march. And by that date i'll be holding an htc hd 7 pro.
    I'm not guilty. I did not check and if I did, it would be for app updates. No way do I think 2.0 is coming before carriers in US start selling the Pre 2.

ET
    I've deleted my update app,
    problem solved!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Have had an EVO for a few months, finally turned on the Pre to do an update. Wasn't I surprised when I saw 1.4.5 was still the current os.
    Well, what ****ed me off is a palm employee (@webostoaster) tweeted that he'd bet Vegas that Palm would be hitting 5,000 apps and releasing webos 2.0 on Christmas day. He said to "Count on it". Then the App Catalog hit 5,000 thanks to some crappy book apps. But no 2.0. It's pretty pathetic. They said its coming this year. To only release it on a couple Pre2 devices in France just absolutely doesn't count. It better hit on New Years eve. If the webosroundup rumored March 2011 for OTA Sprint 2.0 is true, I'd really like to throw a bucket of cold water all over Jon Rubinstein..
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I haven't hit that button in ages. Id like to have 2.0 but ever since things really slowed down Ive just settled on enjoying what my phone is and not whats around the corner.

After a few months of barely looking at PreCentral, I can honestly say I'm satisfied with my Pre+. The email app is a little sluggish and the screen too small for me but otherwise, patched and overclocked...its good. I don't think 2.0 is going to make that big a difference.

Like many of you I'm looking forward to CES, that'll pretty much determine what I do come upgrade time; and seeing as I haven't even had my Pre+ a year....I have some time before I will be buying a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I'm not guilty. I did not check and if I did, it would be for app updates. No way do I think 2.0 is coming before carriers in US start selling the Pre 2.

ET
    No way? Are you sure? What are you basing that on?
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    After a few months of barely looking at PreCentral, I can honestly say I'm satisfied with my Pre+. The email app is a little sluggish and the screen too small for me but otherwise, patched and overclocked...its good. I don't think 2.0 is going to make that big a difference...
    I hope the folks that run P|C are paying attention to this one. As more and more Palm users decide to stop visiting P|C because it's becoming increasingly anti-Palm, the site will fail. That would be a sad sad situation for all.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Well, what ****ed me off is a palm employee (@webostoaster) tweeted that he'd bet Vegas that Palm would be hitting 5,000 apps and releasing webos 2.0 on Christmas day. He said to "Count on it". Then the App Catalog hit 5,000 thanks to some crappy book apps. But no 2.0. It's pretty pathetic. They said its coming this year. To only release it on a couple Pre2 devices in France just absolutely doesn't count. It better hit on New Years eve. If the webosroundup rumored March 2011 for OTA Sprint 2.0 is true, I'd really like to throw a bucket of cold water all over Jon Rubinstein..
    Why would you trust a toaster?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Why would you trust a toaster?
    Haha, because so far, that toaster had been 2 for 2. He predicted the evening Angry Birds Seasons would be available, he predicted 5,000 apps in the app catalog, but his webOS 2.0 prediction came up empty.. His latest tweet states that he's sure we'll receive a gift from Palm on New Years Eve to celebrate the rebirth rebirth of Palm in 2011..
    I have not honestly checked. I am just going to be patient (I know I'm surprised that I'm acting this way too)

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I check every day. Sometimes 10 times a day. Lol I just do it out of habit.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums