1.    #1  
    Ok I like the Facebook app but I just updated it today and I'm confused. Why is the 'places' mapping from yahoo maps. Yahoo maps to me is sooo outdated. Isn't this app maintain by Palm? Why chose yahoo maps? I'm not a Google fan but I would have liked them over Yahoo maps any day. Am I being overly critical here? I probably won't even use it. Give me Events invite/accept support and I'm good to go.
    I don't have a reason for you, but if I was to speculate I would say it is because Google has shown very little interest in working with or on webOS, so if someone else stepped up and showed interest I would see why they would jump. It works fine, and it's easy to add locations when they aren't there. I am more curious to know if they people working on that are going to work on the beta anymore...
    The best part of this is that the preview is in Yahoo maps while tapping on the preview brings up google maps.

A hint of being able to choose your map provider in webOS 2.0?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin.norlander View Post
    The best part of this is that the preview is in Yahoo maps while tapping on the preview brings up google maps.

I think you already can choose your map provider, at least in some semi-gimped fashion on certain devices/networks? On Sprint, you can choose between Google Maps and Sprint Navigator I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin.norlander View Post

No. Has nothing to do with webOS or HP. Facebook chose to use Yahoo/Bing over Google Maps. That Yahoo map preview you see is nothing more than a small image being sent from Facebook. Probably negotiated some sort of deal with them. When you click on the map on any of the platforms (Android, iPhone, webOS, etc.) all it does is open the native maps app for that platform.

Don't attempt to read into this too much, it means nothing.