1.    #1  
    And my guess is that he will soon have to start talking up Win Phone 7. It's just gonna happen, he'll have to do it, so just get ready for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    And my guess is that he will soon have to start talking up Win Phone 7. It's just gonna happen, he'll have to do it, so just get ready for it.
    Link?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Wow... didn't see that one coming. At first, looking at Sood's background it just seems like an unlikely match.... but now it actually makes sense with his history and love for gaming experiences. It will be very interesting to see what he's got up his sleeve for the future at MS.

Here's the link for you:
    Rahul Sood joins Microsoft as GM for System Experience in the Interactive Entertainment Business -- Engadget

Yeah, he'll be like "webos who?"
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Just read that on engadget. It's very interesting that all these talents are leaving Hp/palm to join the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    Just read that on engadget. It's very interesting that all these talents are leaving Hp/palm to join the competition.
    Well if they leave or get fired, unless they are retired my guess is anyone will go to the competition

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    but it is good to see them going to different mfrs and platforms. we have google, meego *i think, windowsp7, and someone went to apple didn't they...

this tells me (1) there is no CLEAR winner, (2) et sequitur webOS can still make it.

OTOH did anybody see that windows 7 itself will run on ARM processors. this may mean a cruise ship in the tablet pond.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ...he's already been touting the windows phone 7 products -on his twitter account he's talked about how much he loves this HD7 now for a couple weeks...even before that he talked about the wp7 OS here & there...

I'm happy for him, but now that he is not connected to any webOS news, I have unfollowed. I'm not very interested in Microsoft news.
    As soon as he said he was moving to Seattle, this had to be what he was up to. I would be surprised if he doesn't have a non-compete, which would keep him from getting to close to areas that he touched at HP. That would give him freedom around the X-Box and gaming business, but he will probably have to say away from SmartPhones for the next year...

He can still comment on how much he likes Win7, but he won't be able to engage with or talk about what Microsoft is doing beyond what any consumer can learn from reading and using a current Win7 device.
  10.    #10  
    What we will really miss is someone who is a passionate supporter of the product.
  11.    #11  
    He totally could get involved in Win phone 7. Maybe he'll get them to add multitasking.

What I want to know is what didi HP do to him that he would leave so abruptly after spending so much time and energy supporting WebOS? They must have ticked him off but good.
    Maybe he didn't like HP changes or ideas or maybe he only liked and supported Palm because he was getting paid to.. Think about that..... But good luck
    I wish him nothing but luck. His love for all things nerdy keeps him in my good graces forever.
    What I want to know is what didi HP do to him that he would leave so abruptly after spending so much time and energy supporting WebOS? They must have ticked him off but good.
    Didn't HP buy his company and just let it evaporate? I would imagine that would leave a bad taste in his mouth.

Come play with my Twitter.
    he did say he still has his pre though:

@techjunky79 i still have my pre homebrewed yep (both pre’s) — i am using an HD7. it’s pretty sick, i’ve compared it with the focus too

..but if you aren’t impressed with windows mobile 7, you got your head in the sand. Like I said before, there are no windows of opportunity

windows phone 7 is the most entertaining mobile OS i’ve used to date. entertaining because it’s animated, fun, beautiful.

@AboutwebOS i switched to an HD7 because i wanted a great family plan. TMobile has the best rates/plans — in Seattle it’s fast too.

RT @johnsies: @rahulsood How many phone do you have? // too many.

RT @AboutwebOS: @rahulsood Which do you find yourself using the most? // B&O Serene & HD7.
    Microsoft employee uses a Microsoft mobile OS. Nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    Didn't HP buy his company and just let it evaporate? I would imagine that would leave a bad taste in his mouth.
    That's pretty much what happened. He got mixed up with Palm for a bit right after they were purchased because he had time on his hands at HP and was looking for something to do.
    When you are cashing someone's paycheck, you no longer have your own opinion, simple laws of business actually.
  19.    #19  
    Thanks Wellwellwell, but in his tweets you missed him saying that he thinks the WebOS cards metaphor is fantastic and would work well on WP7, and he also said that everything he said about WebOS was sincere an that no one from HP or Palm asked him to. He just loves innovation.

but as I said in my first post, get ready for a lot of WP7 talk from Rahul.