Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Reading on engadget:
    Wall Street Journal says apps may violate privacy, fingers MySpace and Pandora -- Engadget

I find that all platforms are sharing data we don't want to share (or at least without knowing it). Can HP speak to this at all?

Is this particular vulnerability part of every platform.
    Please read the article for more info. Snippet:

The Wall Street Journal tested 101 popular apps for iPhone and Android and discovered that over half transmitted unique device identifiers (UDID) to a flock of advertisers without so much as a prompt, and that some (including Pandora) even transmitted a user's age, gender and location to better target their marks.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    HP bought ArcSight in September for $1.5B. ArcSight Company Overview - ArcSight Based on what I saw on their website....kinda looks like they have already taken that into consideration.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    arcsight does back-end log collection and analysis. It doesn't provide the actual security, FYI.
    Well I must have misinterpreted it. It still looks like they provide security, but I must be mistaken. Oh well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel