1.    #1  
    I normally only used aim as a messaging account, but recently I added another account (facebook google talk patch) to be exact. Im assuming that has nothing to do with the following but.

My Aim Contacts and "other account" contacts show up as seperate lists in groups. IE; even thoe its all linked together in Contacts, there still showing two names for two people.

I tried to make the group names via facebook or aim the same, but theres still two enteries for "bob" for instance.

Is there a way I can get these grouped or somthing so the names don't show twice on the messaging app buddies part? Again there already "linked" in contacts.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 12/18/2010 at 01:29 PM.
  2.    #2  
    92 views... and not one single response. I guess if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it at all.
    I don't think that is possible at this time. I am actually trying to replicate this. If I understand correctly your buddy has an account with yahoo as one name and then a different account with aim, is that accurate?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't think that is possible at this time. I am actually trying to replicate this. If I understand correctly your buddy has an account with yahoo as one name and then a different account with aim, is that accurate?
    That is correct.

I have a gtalk and aim account, ie if you add me with both. The accounts should show up seperately on buddies even thoe they are linked into 1 profile. So two names of Klownicle would show.

The "group" titles are taken from the corresponding messaging account. Whatever your buddies group is called on aim, ie; mobile device, and so forth. As mentioned I attempted to name the groups the same, they did merge to one group, but still showed the names twice.

Seems stupid given the "synergy" everything in 1 place. Oddly enough if im on aim and not gtalk, id still show up under gtalk as online even thoe im clearly not. The online account doesn't show, but it still shows the account becuase im online with another linked account lol.