1.    #1  
    I think they (hpPalm) should advertise the themes patches etc.
    I'm shure that would bring at least a little bit more noise around here.
    I mean thats the reason I'm still here haha and its easy to do if you know how to follow directions! lol

But that's just my opinion, what do you think?
    That would be cool but they can't 'officially' support and, therefore cannot advertise patches and themes, as they are recognized and encouraged by Palm, they can't support making modifications to their core programming.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    That would be cool but they can't 'officially' support and, therefore cannot advertise patches and themes, as they are recognized and encouraged by Palm, they can't support making modifications to their core programming.
    Why? Is there a law against it?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

4.    #4  
    I know?
    why not?
    that's one of the coolest things about webos I don't see any other OS making it this easy to modify it and make it you your likeing, right? And that's why we have such a strong support for it. Because of that ease of use. Idk those are just my thoughts? Uhg I just think it would help them bring it a big user base
    UntidyGuy's response in much more realistic than a blanket statement that they “can't 'officially' support” patches or themes. If the market demanded it Palm could include patches and themes in their catalog. Just as cellphones include alternate wallpaper for those who wish to personalize their phones, the ‘official’ Palm catalog could contain personalization and customization as a viable user option and could advertise that functionality as a feature of the user interface.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Why? Is there a law against it?
    Palm has stated numerous times that they do not condone it, though they do appreciate it.
    Many add ons etc to webos is looked at "well we don't support it, but damn that is cool". Preware/homebrew and themes are not supported, thus they will not promote it. Simple as that.