1.    #1  
    Hi, new to Palm phones and I've started off with a Pre 2. Have updated to WbeOS 2.01 (need to do this to actually enable me to create a profile in the UK)....

Anyhow .. my problem with notifications received while the phone is locked is that when they appear, I need to do the swipe up thingy - then I enter my passcode/pin ... and then ... hey presto the notifications dissapear.... so either there's something wrong or they are pretty pointless... I know for messages / mail etc I can then go into the respective apps ... but I've had some pop up for which I don't know where to go (like being told about app updates) ... I mean ... it shouldn't be this difficult should it Surely I should be able to click on a notification to do something ?

I though of turning off the pin code .... but I followed the help on this and I do NOT have the option to turn of the locking in the screen & lock setting screen ... I only have option to change pin/password or change from a pin to a password.

Is this just me, or are these bugs ? Anyone else able to confirm ?

Other than the above ... the speed of this Pre2 and ease of us is making me so happy - I have come from an IPAQ914 which was so frustrating I killed it (literally) and am now thinking of having it cremated .... but that would do it more justice than it ever deserverd
    WebOS 2.0 device here.

I can turn off my PIN code by going to the Screen and Lock app. Go to Secure Unlock menu and set it to Off in the menu.

I've never run into the disappearing notification bug either. Try restarting your phone first. I'm going to test some.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    In webOS 1.4x you can open the Screen&Lock app and tell it you don't want to see notifications when the screen is locked. I think that will make the OP happy.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I don't have 2.0 and I don't use a pin code so I can't comment on the notifications disappearing. About the option of removing the pin code though, do you have an Exchange account? The Exchange security may require a pin code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    In webOS 1.4x you can open the Screen&Lock app and tell it you don't want to see notifications when the screen is locked. I think that will make the OP happy.
    I think there is a misunderstanding. The OP is saying that notifications appear on the locked screen (with the draggable lock icon). He goes to enter his PIN to unlock it, and then when the device is unlocked the notifications are gone.

I think it is not associated with that function, but it is instead a bug.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    notifications shrink to small icons in the bottom right of the sceeen. Click them to expand.
  7.    #7  
    What a great comunity - fast responses - thanks all .... confirmed ... thanks Spare - the notification shrink to small icons ... at leats the current ones I've seen in the last hour have .. although the software one has gone (I did someting to update two packages)......and I confirm I do have an exchange account which I think must somehow remove the option to disable the lock & passocde requirement..... I bit too much "big brother" if you ask me.

Anyhow, thanks all for the quick replies
    You certainly picked a good phone to start with Palm phones. I think shrinking them to icons on the bottom of the screen is a nice feature. A lot of apps also show an icon on the bottom of the screen to alert you to dashboard controls. For example, most of the music apps allow you to change songs without going to the main app screen, just click on the icon on the bottom of the screen.

Enjoy your time with the community!
    In my last job (until last month) I had an exchange account, and I didn't use a PIN locking the screen. You should be able to remove it.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polyfiller View Post
    What a great comunity - fast responses - thanks all .... confirmed ... thanks Spare - the notification shrink to small icons ... at leats the current ones I've seen in the last hour have .. although the software one has gone (I did someting to update two packages)......and I confirm I do have an exchange account which I think must somehow remove the option to disable the lock & passocde requirement..... I bit too much "big brother" if you ask me.

Anyhow, thanks all for the quick replies
    no problem. There should be some tutorials on the phone that will help you learn the new os too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    In my last job (until last month) I had an exchange account, and I didn't use a PIN locking the screen. You should be able to remove it.
    At my last job, it was required by exchange. I used the PIN Bypass patch, but I am unsure if that has been ported to 2.0. And btw, it was buggy in 1.4.x.

I hated the PIN since it was my personal phone, but I also understood the reasons.

That patch has been one of the reasons I have always wondered how HP will sell this to Enterprise.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    I think that its really cool that a bunch of people are getting the Pre 2 as their first Palm phone.

With no promotion whatsoever from HP and Palm, it really shows what a great OS WebOS is that people are coming over on their own accord.

I really thought that the only people who would get a Pre 2 would be the diehards on this forum and people already with Pre's.