Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    In case it hasn't yet been posted, Palm has nixed the PalmCare Chat on-device.
    It IS still available from your desktop, but it has been pulled from the help application. (if i am mistaken please correct me)

I think this is awful. Granted, it was in beta, but it was a stellar feature, and I was so excited when I found it. I am extremely disappointed that it's no longer available.

I remember reading this online, and can no longer find it on my pre plus, although I don't recall where I read it. So, if I am mistaken please correct me, because I am missing the assurance this feature gives.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/02/2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: corrected title
    where did you get this info? Chat has only been available within certain topics. Did you see them post an announcement? Or just look in a topic where it doesn't make sense to be there?
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    In case it hasn't yet been posted, Palm has nixed the PalmCare Chat on-device.
    It IS still available from your desktop, but it has been pulled from the help application. (if i am mistaken please correct me)

I think this is awful. Granted, it was in beta, but it was a stellar feature, and I was so excited when I found it. I am extremely disappointed that it's no longer available.

I remember reading this online, and can no longer find it on my pre plus, although I don't recall where I read it. So, if I am mistaken please correct me, because I am missing the assurance this feature gives.
    Another member reported waiting on the chat today for about 6 min .. Then he was automatically disconnected from their server
  4.    #4  
    again, i can't say this with complete certainty. but I searched for it in the help application, and in palm's site, and neither have any mention of it. also, as i mentioned, i read SOMEWHERE earlier today that it had been canceled. so sorry i don't remember where!

But it was in beta, and if it actually did get canceled, i wouldn't be surprised, especially with the low marketshare
    Wow.. I didn't even know they had on-device help..
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Yes the on device chat, I discovered it about 2 weeks ago on accident I actually chatted with a Palm rep it was cool...but I tried to use it days later and no go...
    Could be so many of us didn't know about, me included, that it is dropped.
    Palm Support : Contact Palm Support via Live Chat

Contact Palm Support via Live ChatArticle ID: 43473

Quick, simple, secure. Communicate directly with a support agent in real-time. Simply describe your issue, hit "send" and start a dialogue with a Palm expert.

It's faster than email, and it's easy to use. Your support agent will guide you through troubleshooting and ask clarifying questions to help answer your questions.

North America

24 hours a day, 7 days a week¹

Chat now
    UK, Ireland, Europe

9:00am to 5:30pm¹

Chat now

Most issues are resolved in less than 20 minutes.

At the end of the chat session, you can save the transcript for future reference. You'll even have the chance to fill out a quick survey to rate our performance on the spot.

1 - With the exception of maintenance periods. If Chat is unavailable, then post your inquiry in our Palm Support Community or check the site for other support resources.
    Well, I got into the chat and am talkin it up with "Valborg."
    I just used the on device chat today for the first time. Nice feature!
    I just checked it out and it is there and works fine..I had no issues just wanted to see that it did work..I never new this was there until just now...
    I found it...chattin with them right now...lol
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Hmm, where exactly do you guys see it at? I get this screen when i click 'chat now' in the help area.

EDIT: I found out at the bottom of some of the help pages, there is a "Chat now" link. That WORKS, This one, the one i'm also attaching, does not for some reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by boyer61; 01/02/2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I got an e-mail from Palm chat, Cause i connected then disconnected as soon as i got someone online (Just to make sure it worked..) and this was in the e-mail:

The Chat team is available 24 by 7 through your computer at http://www.palm.com/chat or from key articles within the Help application on your webOS phone.

So it's back. It WAS gone for a few weeks. But it looks like it's back now.
    hard to use chat support on the Pre when they ask you to restart or erase the phone...
    I just used it 2 days ago. Tech was not that confident on hotspot.. but it did work smoothly.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hard to use chat support on the Pre when they ask you to restart or erase the phone...
    Heh, true. I would only use it just to ask a simple question. Or to annoy the **** out of them until they give us 2.0!
    So have we decided that the title of this thread is incorrect, and that Palm still has chat links in certain parts of the help system?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    That's correct. At least until palm decides they wanna hide it from us again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    <<title updated>>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast