Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    The real question is why is Google developing OUR maps apps instead of HP/Palm. We all know that Google will always prefer its OS over webOS, so we shouldn't expect a lot of love from them. If HP/Palm were the developers of the google maps app, I'm shure it would be better than that crap we have nowadays
    Google didn't develop anything for Palm/webOS. The maps app is nothing more than a container for Google Maps Mobile. The maps application (if you can call it that) Palm did develop.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Google didn't develop anything for Palm/webOS. The maps app is nothing more than a container for Google Maps Mobile. The maps application (if you can call it that) Palm did develop.
    oouuggh - that's a big finding. i think this was never mentioned here at precentral.

but still Buzz and latitude is missing on webos menu, so we could have more than that. anyone into patching it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Google Maps/Navigation have in essence become Android exclusives. Even the iOS app hasn't been updated since iOS 2.2. A lot of people are now doing/looking to do their own maps (Microsoft/Apple) so they aren't held to ransom by Google.
    I to think that HPalm nneds to either throw money @ Google for better map support. But also look @ it this way...HP is basically a cell phone start up company. Even though there cell phone OS is WebOS, they are still newcomers. Mapping is not a big issue right now....better hardware is!! Once new devices and a polished 2.X comes out then we should hopefully see HPalm request or Google support. Better yet just build there own!!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Correction: Google does develop Map clients for other platforms, those platforms being Windows Mobile 6, Symbian, and Blackberry. However, I'm pretty sure these days the focus is on Android. I don't know when the last time any other platform received an update.

All the APIs are public, so there is nothing stopping anyone else from updating/creating their own client.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12