Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    i was gonna post this on the Advanced Preferences For App Laucher thread but i dont think that caused my problem:

for some reason when i open my laucher i dont have any apps!!! i can use universal search to find my apps but my launcher is blank! no apps at all! it had already happened once when i had 1.4.1.1 so i just doctored my pre and i dont mind doing it again but i'd like to know what causes it

i have a Sprint Pre 1.4.5 with SR7 Blackbird!

thanx in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    i was gonna post this on the Advanced Preferences For App Laucher thread but i dont think that caused my problem:

for some reason when i open my laucher i dont have any apps!!! i can use universal search to find my apps but my launcher is blank! no apps at all! it had already happened once when i had 1.4.1.1 so i just doctored my pre and i dont mind doing it again but i'd like to know what causes it

i have a Sprint Pre 1.4.5 with SR7 Blackbird!

thanx in advance!
    Remove all of the launcher patches. One of them conflicts with the others which is causing it to fail when trying to list the apps. I had this occur once.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Remove all of the launcher patches. One of them conflicts with the others which is causing it to fail when trying to list the apps. I had this occur once.
    actually i ran EPR and it's still the same...everything else is working perfectly just the launcher
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    i guess i'll have to just doctor it
    I remember seeing a solution to this, but I haven't found it yetif you use save/restore and saved package list in preware, rebuilding after doctoring is pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I remember seeing a solution to this, but I haven't found it yetif you use save/restore and saved package list in preware, rebuilding after doctoring is pretty quick.
    +1, There was an interesting post about repairing this situation.
    I found it: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...doctoring.html