Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
       #1  
    At least for me, one of the "must have" apps for a smartphone is to be able to track your bank and credit card transactions (finances).

    The major players as far as I can tell is Mint.com and Pageonce. Mint.com has apps for the iphone, android, and Pageonce has apps for iphone, android, blackberry, and to add insult to injury WP7.

    Could this get much worse being the "red headed stepchild"?
  2. #2  
    We have Clear Checkbook which is almost a pound-for-pound match with Mint.com's site and app.

    http://www.clearcheckbook.com
  3. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
       #3  
    Maybe I'm missing something on clearcheckbook.com but this does not automatically input your transactions from various financial sites. You must individually input each and every transaction! A big waste of time and effort if you ask me.

    This is far from mint.com and pageonce.
  4. #4  
    Well that could be looked at as a point of view. Clear Checkbook actually made that point as a security feature, that they don't have your account numbers nor access to your accounts.

    The thing that might make it "far" from Mint would be that Clear Checkbook has some premium options that you need to pay a monthly fee if you want to use. Mint seems to be completely paid for by advertisers, particularly financial institutions.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something on clearcheckbook.com but this does not automatically input your transactions from various financial sites. You must individually input each and every transaction! A big waste of time and effort if you ask me.

    This is far from mint.com and pageonce.
    You have the ability to import .qif, .ocx, etc. Files from any financial institution and sync it with the app on the pre. As you go about your business, entering your transactions throughout the day, the app will sync with the site.
  6. #6  
    Scotiabank has no app, but their new mobile site works just fine on mine.

    Canadian banks aren't too fond of mobile banking it seems, only the few big banks seems to have an mobile app or page (TD, RBC, CIBC, that's all I know.)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  7. #7  
    The chase bank app for iphone has an app where you can use the camera to scan and deposit a check, no need to make a trip to the bank !
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    You have the ability to import .qif, .ocx, etc. Files from any financial institution and sync it with the app on the pre. As you go about your business, entering your transactions throughout the day, the app will sync with the site.
    you mentioned that app on thhe 'pre' can read these files.

    What is 'pre' application?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    The chase bank app for iphone has an app where you can use the camera to scan and deposit a check, no need to make a trip to the bank !
    I have the USAA app on my Android device, and it does the same in addition to letting you send money to people by phone. In fact, they were the first bank to do this long before Chase adopted the same technology in their mobile app(s).

    And then there's Square, which I use, where I can accept and swipe credit cards so I can accept payments for anything, anywhere I am, from anyone.
  10. #10  
    simple now. dual-boot cm7 android. Seriously, I've just gained a lot of the missing apps I needed: cut the rope, citrix, epocrates. Best of both worlds! I still use webos side to watch videos as the framerate is better. Apart from that cm7 offers the best of the apps we lack.

Posting Permissions