1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus that I converted over to a Sprint Palm Pre Plus. Everything is perfect except for this weirdest issue. Any mp3 playback in any app such as NaNPlayer, Music Remix Player 2.0, stock music player, even the podcast mp3's in Dr. Podder, has issues. It seems to play a second or 2 of the mp3 and then jump a couple seconds and resume a few seconds later, then jump some more. This is happening on any mp3 I have on the device. I've verified the mp3's are fine on the computer and I never had this issue on the Pre Minus. I've rebooted many times, doesn't fix it at all. Also, things like Pandora, Slacker, Youtube, any streaming audio apps play with no issues, so it's only when processing mp3's. I have 8.5 Gigs free, the device is blazing fast, so I'm totally lost at what is going on. Anyone else by chance run into this or have any ideas to fix/resolve? It's driving me nuts!
    Thanks,
    Last edited by volcom45; 12/07/2010 at 11:55 AM.
    Do you have an custom kernels installed? I had an issue like this once when my govnah settings were messed up.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Do you have an custom kernels installed? I had an issue like this once when my govnah settings were messed up.
    Yes, but I tried removing the UberKernel and rebooting and it was still happening. I didnt' remove Govnah.. But that shouldn't be doing anything once stock kernel is restored right?
  4.    #4  
    Someone said they had an issue like this once and it was related to their media indexor database getting corrupted. Is there a way to clear that?

Update: M4a files play perfectly, what would be different about their playback vs. Mp3?
    Last edited by volcom45; 12/07/2010 at 11:59 AM.
    Maybe it's because of the number of songs added? Or maybe it's because of the actual music file. Some songs don't have the complete lyrics and music combined.
  6.    #6  
    I just tried converting an mp3 to wav and it plays fine on my phone just like m4a files. There has got to be a simple thing that is causing the mp3's to go crazy. $10 paypal reward to anyone that finds a way to fix the issue I'm having without needing to doctor the phone.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Somehow the virtual keyboard and related files messed up mp3 and mp4 playback on my device.

Removed them (After every other patch I had installed, and it still wouldn't work haha), rebooted, and it seemed to work for me.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Somehow the virtual keyboard and related files messed up mp3 and mp4 playback on my device.

Removed them (After every other patch I had installed, and it still wouldn't work haha), rebooted, and it seemed to work for me.
    Weird, while I do have alot of patches installed and UberKernel+Govnah, Virtual Keyboard isn't one of the ones I'm running...
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Maybe a service patch is doing it?
    I swear that the virtual keyboard came with two required services that also had to be uninstalled but looking at the keyboard now it only requires keyboss.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    Maybe a service patch is doing it?
    I swear that the virtual keyboard came with two required services that also had to be uninstalled but looking at the keyboard now it only requires keyboss.
    Wish that was the case Removed every service I have, also removed UberKernel + Govnah, rebooted phone twice and still does it. I'm thinking I'll probably have to doctor to fix it but maybe that won't even fix it, maybe there is something wrong with the memory on this Pre Plus or something, even though everything else works perfectly..
  11.    #11  
    Well as an update, I just broke down and did a webos doctor and first thing I tried while it's downloading apps is playing mp3's in the stock music player app. It is playing normally. Very weird considering I just doctored on Saturday after the conversion token metadoctor. I'm scared now that reinstalling all my patches/apps/overclocking is going to mess up the mp3's again but I'll post my results..

Update: Well, dunno why the very first mp3 played normal but once apps completed downloading, tried again and back to skipping forward during playback. What a waste of time that was re-setting up everything. Offer still goes, if anyone can solve my prob, $10 paypal to ya.

Mp4 (.m4a) files play just fine, I don't understand it. I just converted a full album to .m4a and they play perfectly on my Pre. I guess I'll just have to cheat the system and convert anything I want on the device.. What a pain!
    Last edited by volcom45; 12/09/2010 at 03:16 PM.