Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi,
    can anybody explain, how I do create an opensource developer account? I read this doc (developer.palm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1843) and I have clicked to "enroll today", but I can not see an option about open source developer. My first try is broken. When I upgrade this account to a Developer Membership and select YES at Open Source Developer I get an error message:

"You cannot change this after your account is created."

Cheers
    Björn
    It sounds like you already upgraded your account to a developer account. Do you remember doing that? When you first create an account, it's a community account. Then you convert it to a developer account, and during that process you select open source or closed source - and you can't change it later. I created two accounts, one open source and one closed source. Frankly I can't see why they have it at the account level and not the application level, because it's a pain having to use two accounts.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I agree with Grabber. I don't know why they bother to distinguish at all. Since both developer accounts cost $0, I don't see why they should care one way or the other what you do with your source.

From their perspective I don't see it making a difference. From the user's perspective it doesn't make a difference (to most users). It only matters from the standpoint of the developer and other developers who might make use of the code.
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It sounds like you already upgraded your account to a developer account. Do you remember doing that?
    No, this was my first try to upgrade my account from community to developer account. Actually I have two community accounts and one of this I will upgrade to open source developer account. Maybe later I will create a non open source developer account.