Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I have received my unlocked Pre2, and let me tell you, it is AMAZING!

However, it has not been a completely smooth transition. I am going to detail the problems I have had so far. If you have a Pre2 and have these problems also, please chime in. I am wondering if it's just me. I suspect some of the issues are from "migrating" my Palm profile to webOS 2.0.

I have had a Pre since the original Sprint launch day, so I already had a Palm profile with many purchased apps. When I got my Pre2, every time I tried to sign in to my profile, it gave me a data error. However, that sim card has data, verified in other devices and over the phone with AT&T. Then I tried creating a new Palm profile. It worked fine! Then, I decided to doctor the phone with 2.0.1. It came with 2.0.0 on it. After doctoring, I tried signing into my old profile again. This time it worked fine.

Once I got all that straightened out, I was very happy. However I have noticed a few bugs in webOS 2.0.1.

1. I downloaded a picture attachment from an email and clicked "copy to photos". The picture is in a "downloads" folder on device (verified by plugging in as usb drive), but it will not show up in the Photos app. Restarting the phone does not fix this.

2. There is a bug with selecting multiple contacts for an email or text. In either case, I click the plus symbol to start a new message, and then click the address book icon to select user names. I scroll the list down, but it only gets to the J's and it stops, approximately 60ish contacts. I can type a person's name to pull it up, but I can't scroll to select a lot of them.

3. I have a problem with my browser bookmarks. Upon launch, I can see my bookmarks in tile view. However, if I access the bookmarks section of the menu (where you edit them), nothing shows at all. I added a new bookmark, and it hasn't shown up in either the menu or the tile view. I have attached screenshots of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I wanna feel bad that things aren't fully peachy with the Pre 2, but I'm a little jelous. So deal with it. Lol jk

good luck!
    be sure you send these to palm so they will fix them before I get my next webOS phone.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Yes I plan on submitting some kind of trouble ticket to Palm about these.
    When my Pre2 arrives I will try to see if I might not be able to find a fix for these and patch them up (though I hope/think Palm has caught them by now and are working on them).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Do bare in mind the version of 2.0.1 you have is still essentially a beta
    Is there a changelog for 2.0 -> 2.0.1 yet? I have 2.0 on mine even though it's unlocked, don't know why I can't get the update. Unlocked EU model.

Otherwise great first experience with webOS, got it yesterday as new work phone.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I believe there is a changelog on Palm's website. I saw the update in the updates app, but I still just used the doctor. Don't be scared to doctor your phone, it is extremely easy. I've always used the doctor instead of OTA updates.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I have received my unlocked Pre2, and let me tell you, it is AMAZING!

However, it has not been a completely smooth transition. I am going to detail the problems I have had so far. If you have a Pre2 and have these problems also, please chime in. I am wondering if it's just me. I suspect some of the issues are from "migrating" my Palm profile to webOS 2.0.

I have had a Pre since the original Sprint launch day, so I already had a Palm profile with many purchased apps. When I got my Pre2, every time I tried to sign in to my profile, it gave me a data error. However, that sim card has data, verified in other devices and over the phone with AT&T. Then I tried creating a new Palm profile. It worked fine! Then, I decided to doctor the phone with 2.0.1. It came with 2.0.0 on it. After doctoring, I tried signing into my old profile again. This time it worked fine.

Once I got all that straightened out, I was very happy. However I have noticed a few bugs in webOS 2.0.1.

1. I downloaded a picture attachment from an email and clicked "copy to photos". The picture is in a "downloads" folder on device (verified by plugging in as usb drive), but it will not show up in the Photos app. Restarting the phone does not fix this.

2. There is a bug with selecting multiple contacts for an email or text. In either case, I click the plus symbol to start a new message, and then click the address book icon to select user names. I scroll the list down, but it only gets to the J's and it stops, approximately 60ish contacts. I can type a person's name to pull it up, but I can't scroll to select a lot of them.

3. I have a problem with my browser bookmarks. Upon launch, I can see my bookmarks in tile view. However, if I access the bookmarks section of the menu (where you edit them), nothing shows at all. I added a new bookmark, and it hasn't shown up in either the menu or the tile view. I have attached screenshots of this.
    I got an unlocked Pre 2 Monday. I tried to see if I could replicate your issues. The only one that I can replicate is #2. I don't have the issues you describe in #1 or #3.

wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    I believe there is a changelog on Palm's website. I saw the update in the updates app, but I still just used the doctor. Don't be scared to doctor your phone, it is extremely easy. I've always used the doctor instead of OTA updates.
    OK, thanks, I'll see if I feel brave tomorrow maybe
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Just to add some more bugs here (you never know if palm is reading this :-)
    - Help screens are not working
    - getting an SMS from an unknown number will sort it into the first conversation you have on the phone
    - google EAS is not working properly
    - Every google contact is getting a nickname (first name of the contact)

Trying to solve all this with palm, will see what they can do.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Anyone run into this issue?

Looks like a problem with stacks and the cards still being live?
    Sometimes if pictures are to large they wont open on my pre minus. The thumbnail will show up, but if you try to open them it goes to a black screen with an x. The picture is still there and you can send it off to others, but you just cant see it on the phone enlarged for some reason.
    I had to confirm some of bugs noticed by you and add some that I observed.

Same for me:
    - getting an SMS from an unknown number will sort it into the first conversation you have on the phone
    - Google EAS is working but strange and not trusworthy

What I hoticed on my Palm Pre 2 (WebOs 2.0) Unlocked:
    - when adding Images to my Contacts some of them are available only till first sync with Google contacts. After that images are dissapeared. But not all of them: I've succeed with 2 conntact images - thay are still in place after several synchronizations. Some others can't stand even few hours.
    - Caller numbers are not identified/connected to my contacts. I can see only calling number on the screen even if this person is already in my Contacts and the numbers are exactly the same (in Contact details and dispaleyed on the screen when call comes)
    - can't add Voicemail number in Phone preferences. I type it and when click anywhere it dissaper and it's not saved. So I cannot use "1" to call my voicemail. I always see message "Unable to find voicemail number"

That's all till now, but I think more to come in near future
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    I've got a couple of simple ones:

on the SMS screen when inside a conversation where I have a photo of the user in my contacts, sometimes the little square next to the message show's the person's photo and then not, and this within the same thread of a conversation.

Can't save a voicemail number in the Voicemail section. I can type it in, but it just goes blank again.

I have a 4 digit pin on to protect my device, but when an Alarm goes off, I need to unlock the phone with my pin to be able to 'Dismiss' the alarm. I can however snooze it by pressing vol up/down when the alarm rings. Ideally you should be able to dismiss and snooze while the device is locked (just like my HTC desire or Iphone) Imagine me waking up, scrambling for my glasses, then unlocking, then type my pin, then Dismiss the alarm.... maybe it's a feature, I am wide awake after this!! :-)

Slowness on the sms app. When tapping the +new message icon in messages app, it does not respond to keyboard input for about 2 secs, then behaves normally. Slightly annoying as I have to wait to see the cursor blink before I can type a person's name.

When you switch off Text Assist, it keeps underlining words in red.

I'm on 2.0.1

Cheers, William

p.s tried Palm's Chat support.... so much for that...

5:10 PM Connecting...
    5:10 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    5:16 PM The session has exceeded the maximum allowed waiting time, please try a new session at a later time.
    Last edited by BillyTT; 12/06/2010 at 10:17 AM.
    We believe thay read our forum
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    We believe thay read our forum
    You still need to send it off.

Nobody can sift through the thousands of posts in here and catch everything.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Probably user error but I have a Google Apps and regular Gmail account - after adding the regular Gmail to the Pre 2 I find that my Google Apps GTALK is no longer accessible and all I see is the Gmail account GTALK.

Possibly a WAD

Also the Pre 2 is a real bear to work with on Google accounts where you've enabled the extra security where a unique password is generated over the web.

UPDATE: Was able to fix my Google Apps messaging so both display - it showed one account as logged out . I removed messaging from the Gmail account. Then logged in the remaining Apps and re-added the Gmail as messaging. Probably the long way around the problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
    Probably user error but I have a Google Apps and regular Gmail account - after adding the regular Gmail to the Pre 2 I find that my Google Apps GTALK is no longer accessible and all I see is the Gmail account GTALK.

Possibly a WAD

Also the Pre 2 is a real bear to work with on Google accounts where you've enabled the extra security where a unique password is generated over the web.
    You should send a note to the above mentioned link, because it sounds like you're currently permitted just 1 GTalk account. That may be the terms Palm agreed to with Google (if they agreed to any terms with regards to GTalk), or it could just be an oversight.
    Arthur Thornton

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast