Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    <<threads merged>>
    A couple I've noticed after a few days on 2.0.1:

Custom "First Day of Week" settings don't seem to persist after a reboot -- it always reverts back to Sunday. (I prefer Monday as my first day view)

When linking contacts from within the Messaging app, can't change primary profile. Actually, it might be changing but there's no visual indication that the change has been made. (Doesn't boldface the new primary)

Some contact pictures don't show up in the Messaging app in list view, but they do show in the conversation itself.

Using the dialpad to enter a number, there's no live contact matching (or is this how it's always been? The Pre 2 is my first webOS device)

Can anyone else confirm these?
    I've noticed a couple of bugs on my Pre 2;

• Text messages / sms received from a name instead of a number (services etc.) do not show up on their own messaging thread. Instead, they come into the latest active thread with a real number as a sender in it.

I think this has to do with the new way WebOS 2 handles text message threads. I've noticed as well that WebOS 2 doesnt merge message threads anymore when combining contact details. Instead it closes one thread and disables texting on it and opens a new thread for the new contact instance.

• Large HTML emails don't render. Some of them render after a while, couldn't figure out when that happens.
      As a result those emails don't show as read even when you open them. Solution: Mark all read.
      Upon scrolling or zooming into those emails the header with sender information moves to the left.

• Application compatibility; some apps are just working on the initial start. I think it has to do with some apps trying to store prefs in a mysqllite db, which now is db8 of course.

• Unable to change phone preferences settings; phone number & voicemail number.
      Before this could be done by editing the PalmNetworkSettings.db3 but haven't found a way to do it on db8 yet.

• WebOS doctor doesn't run in the way Palm tells us. You have to start up your Pre in USB mode yourself for it to work.

• Bookmarks aren't working after migrating from WebOS 1.x.
      Solution: Remove bookmarks and add them again.
    do u get the display bug with messaging? When i am in a meaagging thread. When thread opens it always shows the top message for a split second before scrolling down to the latest message?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDizzAR View Post
    I've noticed a couple of bugs on my Pre 2;

• Text messages / sms received from a name instead of a number (services etc.) do not show up on their own messaging thread. Instead, they come into the latest active thread with a real number as a sender in it.

I think this has to do with the new way WebOS 2 handles text message threads. I've noticed as well that WebOS 2 doesnt merge message threads anymore when combining contact details. Instead it closes one thread and disables texting on it and opens a new thread for the new contact instance.

• Large HTML emails don't render. Some of them render after a while, couldn't figure out when that happens.
      As a result those emails don't show as read even when you open them. Solution: Mark all read.
      Upon scrolling or zooming into those emails the header with sender information moves to the left.

• Application compatibility; some apps are just working on the initial start. I think it has to do with some apps trying to store prefs in a mysqllite db, which now is db8 of course.

• Unable to change phone preferences settings; phone number & voicemail number.
      Before this could be done by editing the PalmNetworkSettings.db3 but haven't found a way to do it on db8 yet.

• WebOS doctor doesn't run in the way Palm tells us. You have to start up your Pre in USB mode yourself for it to work.

• Bookmarks aren't working after migrating from WebOS 1.x.
      Solution: Remove bookmarks and add them again.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123