Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I will try to gather all those above mentioned issues/bugs and send it via Feedback & Feature Requests forms
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    I submitted issues for WebOS 2.0.
    I will not submit issues for 2.0.1 cause I do not use that version and can misunderstand something.
    Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
    My Palm Pre 2 and TouchPad 32GB are waiting for useful updates and enhancements
    I only got problem #3. When you use just type it will appear in a Bookmarks&History search
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyTT View Post
    I've got a couple of simple ones:

on the SMS screen when inside a conversation where I have a photo of the user in my contacts, sometimes the little square next to the message show's the person's photo and then not, and this within the same thread of a conversation.

Can't save a voicemail number in the Voicemail section. I can type it in, but it just goes blank again.

I have a 4 digit pin on to protect my device, but when an Alarm goes off, I need to unlock the phone with my pin to be able to 'Dismiss' the alarm. I can however snooze it by pressing vol up/down when the alarm rings. Ideally you should be able to dismiss and snooze while the device is locked (just like my HTC desire or Iphone) Imagine me waking up, scrambling for my glasses, then unlocking, then type my pin, then Dismiss the alarm.... maybe it's a feature, I am wide awake after this!! :-)

Slowness on the sms app. When tapping the +new message icon in messages app, it does not respond to keyboard input for about 2 secs, then behaves normally. Slightly annoying as I have to wait to see the cursor blink before I can type a person's name.

When you switch off Text Assist, it keeps underlining words in red.

I'm on 2.0.1

Cheers, William

p.s tried Palm's Chat support.... so much for that...

5:10 PM Connecting...
    5:10 PM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    5:16 PM The session has exceeded the maximum allowed waiting time, please try a new session at a later time.
    Have you tried the method mentioned in this tip: http://www.precentral.net/bug-fix-fix-missing-contact-picture-messaging ?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelcu View Post
    I will try to gather all those above mentioned issues/bugs and send it via Feedback & Feature Requests forms
    This feature on the Palm website cannot be stressed enough. Every once in a while I see a person say something along the lines of *hopefully HPalm is reading my comment on Precentral and will grant my wishes*

This feature pretty much guarantees that someone at Palm is going to see your issues/concerns/requests. No need for hoping they'll randomly stumble on a rant on a web forum.

Edit: So important, that I added the link to my signature.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Well, I managed to sorta fix my bookmark issue. I visited all my bookmarks from the tile view so they would be in the history. Then I went to the empty bookmarks list, and from the menu cleared all bookmarks. Then I revisited each site from my history and re-bookmarked them, and they stuck this time. They are viewable from tile and list view. Only problem is I had more bookmarks than what shows up in tile view, so I lost those. I can't even remember what they were however, so I guess they weren't that important.
    In contact, when typing contact name, the automatic Capitalization is gone from 1.4.x.

when you bring up a contact info from the messaging app(from a messaging conversion in the messaging app) the Fav (star) icon fails to show up. so you can't add the contact as a favorite easily unlike launching from the contact app.

Music player's playlist won't detect the playlists in the USB portion unlike webOS 1.4.x

When typing phone numbers, webos 2.0 no longer matches the full phone number with existing available contact. (quick action/just type launch and search soon for contacts?)

When syncing conacts with google/facebook accounts, the syncing in progress notification no longer shows(only shows up for 1 second or so), thus you will not be able to tell if syncing is still in progress or has finished.

In messaging app. phone numbers in incoming messages are not always clickable? and if it is, any space becomes %20 when trying to add contact?

here is what i can remember off my head so far. how do i report these bugs to palm?

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    In contact, when typing contact name, the automatic Capitalization is gone from 1.4.x.
    It works for me, first and last names both auto cap for me.

when you bring up a contact info from the messaging app(from a messaging conversion in the messaging app) the Fav (star) icon fails to show up. so you can't add the contact as a favorite easily unlike launching from the contact app.
    Yep, I could duplicate this.

Music player's playlist won't detect the playlists in the USB portion unlike webOS 1.4.x
    I don't have any playlists to test this.

When typing phone numbers, webos 2.0 no longer matches the full phone number with existing available contact. (quick action/just type launch and search soon for contacts?)
    This worked for me in just type and in the phone app. I typed the full number in each and just type showed me the contact and mobile, the phone app showed the contact after I tapped the dial button.

When syncing conacts with google/facebook accounts, the syncing in progress notification no longer shows(only shows up for 1 second or so), thus you will not be able to tell if syncing is still in progress or has finished.
    I have Dr'ed four times now and each time, the sync in progress spinner appeared. Google and facebook appeared for varying amounts of time but each appeared and then was gone when the sync was complete.

After one of the Dr's I had a sync notification every time my g-mail would sync. I don't know what was causing it and I haven't noticed it since.

In messaging app. phone numbers in incoming messages are not always clickable? and if it is, any space becomes %20 when trying to add contact?
    I will try and find someone not already in my contacts to send me a txt to test this.

here is what i can remember off my head so far. how do i report these bugs to palm?
    Chris
    Register and post them here
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Since I have a GSM Pre 2 activated with my wife's SIM card, I keep the phone in airplane mode, and turn on the WiFi.

When doing that, many images? html? maps? in emails show up as black rectangles.

Also, when viewing some webpages, they render, then turn black (maybe bad HTML?).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    It works for me, first and last names both auto cap for me.

Yep, I could duplicate this.

I don't have any playlists to test this.

This worked for me in just type and in the phone app. I typed the full number in each and just type showed me the contact and mobile, the phone app showed the contact after I tapped the dial button.

I have Dr'ed four times now and each time, the sync in progress spinner appeared. Google and facebook appeared for varying amounts of time but each appeared and then was gone when the sync was complete.

After one of the Dr's I had a sync notification every time my g-mail would sync. I don't know what was causing it and I haven't noticed it since.

I will try and find someone not already in my contacts to send me a txt to test this.

Register and post them here
    that's VERY strange. i am running webos 2.0.1

the caps won't auto cap in contact app no matter what i do.

also no i find that my google contacts changes on the phone won't sync back to gmail.

chris

update:
    I doctored with the 2.0.1 unlock doctor.
    The Caps problem is gone.
    The just type number search is also working now.

I find that quite strange.
    my pre 2 was a UK pre with 2.0.0 updated to 2.0.1
    I have a few advance patches installed.
    But i don't understand why doctoring will fix the just type and contact program caps issues.
    Last edited by chrislo; 12/11/2010 at 12:24 PM.
    I have the same bookmark issue. First I did a batterypull and restart the PrPrPr&#$275$;$2$ $and$ $the$ $bookmarklist$ $came$ $back$. $After$ $a$ $few$ $days$ $the$ $list$ $show$ $up$ $empty$. $By$ $using$ $Just$ $Type$ $it$ $will$ $be$ $visible$ $as$ $a$ $bookmark$, $but$ $not$ $showed$ $in$ $the$ $bookmarklist$. $I$ $hope$ $this$ $will$ $be$ $fixed$ $in$ $the$ $next$ $webOS$ $update$.

An other bug is the appointment reminder. It sets an alarm even when you choose not to use an alarm. And when you choose snooz it will actualy dismiss!
    i figured it out.

when i do regional settings and set the FORMATS as singapore,

phone number search in just type stops working, ability to save contacts from just type also stops working.
    also in edit contact Auto Caps in Name field also stops working.

when i set formats as USA or UK it's back to normal.

Now i still seeing why my google contact sync is not working well.
    when i edit the phone it won't sync to the cloud.

Chris
    Reply-All issue:

When I reply-all to an email, it includes me in the "cc" list. Anyone else seeing this? Bit annoying since I get my messages delivered back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by snd7 View Post
    Reply-All issue:

When I reply-all to an email, it includes me in the "cc" list. Anyone else seeing this? Bit annoying since I get my messages delivered back to me.
    In the preferences / login settings for your account, does it show your email address correctly? I believe that's what it uses to exclude your own email address from the to/cc list.
    ok i did more testing regarding the non syncing to cloud issue.

i added a second google account(with 0 contacts) on top of my existing one that won't sycn phone --> cloud

I made the second google account the default contact account for new contacts.

and i starting adding new contacts. this time the phone is syncing to the cloud no problem.

and when i try to switch back to the first account as default, it won't sync changes to the cloud again.

so i have a problem with my first google account that won't work with the pre2.

this account has 1850 contacts.

now i will try to delete contacts from this account and do more testing from there.
    try logging out and in on a PC, and try changing the password. I vaguely recall someone solving a similar issue that way.
    some of us wouldn't know because us pre and pixi users don't have 2.0. But as for all mobile OS they will have atleased 1 bug. Try using doctor or reboots.
    Quote Originally Posted by snd7 View Post
    Reply-All issue:

Nope and I send a ton of emails from my Pre 2.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    In the preferences / login settings for your account, does it show your email address correctly? I believe that's what it uses to exclude your own email address from the to/cc list.
    I was wondering that as well. The settings all were automatically transferred from my previous device and Palm profile.

So, I deleted and recreated the account on the phone and it looks to be working now. Not sure why some of these settings didn't transfer straight across, but that does seem to resolve the issue.

Thanks
    I manage to get the syncing accounts notification back.

i had to delete the backup by turning backup off and then full erasing the device then restart from scratch to set the palm profile. this way my syncing notification will show up more than just 30 seconds.

I think I have this error due to using the same profile under my older pixi.

Chris
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast