Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    wikipedia results from univ search stopped giving me the page where I don't need to scroll horizontaly. Only after that did I visit the mobile site to see if it would fix it, which it didn't. This happen to anyone else? Is there a fix?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I see the same thing today. It still looks like the mobile site but the page is really wide. I suspect the problem is on wikipedia's side.
    The screen on Wikipedia universal search is not displaying correctly for a mobile device. This is similar to the problem we had with Google a few months ago. Hopefully Wikipedia will correct the problem within a few days as did Google.

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  4.    #4  
    thanks. Made it difficult to read up on a jessica simpson song my friend and I were making fun of @ work
    I have the same problem too. So annoying. Imagine if this happened on the iphone. It looks like it's displaying the WAP version.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    yep meand my bro having the same problem. Sucks cause I go to wikipedia from univ search everyday.
    All messed up for me too.... hope they get if fixed.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    same here...
    Likewise. Because we have to look at all those "Appeal from..." banners, they BEST fix this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    It's looking normal on my EVO.
    I guess it's just a Pre/Pixi thing.

Once, when I had the Pre, the same thing happened with mobile Yahoo mail.

I think it was like that for a couple of weeks, before it got fixed.
    Interesting. Is your Evo pointed to the mobile Wikipedia? Not the "real" one?

If so - what could they have done that "broke" the site for the webOS browser but not (whichever browser you're using)? Really kinda curious now.
    I have the same problem on my Pre. It actually looks worse than viewing Wikipedia's standard site with webOS' browser.

This seems to only be effecting the Pre/Pixi, although the Kindle 3, iPhone and Android all use WebKit-based browsers.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that the espn site has gone back to messing up unless your clear your cache out constantly? Completely annoying since it is probably the site i use the most besides precentral. Cant follow my football games for fantasy football or my missouri tigers basketball games. really depressing

and db i know this belongs on another post but i could have swore that was a kangaroo and not a llama this whole time. now i dont know if its funnier or not?@?
    Yes, I just noticed this too. It seems like the page is the same, it's just way too wide. I guess we should file a bug on Bugzilla per Wikipedia's instructions: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bug_reports_and_feature_requests
    I have the iPhone spoof installed and am getting the same thing.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    problem is still not solved.
    currently no bug reported (or didn't find) it. Could please someone create a bug report (u need an wiki account)?!
    I also experience this... Quite annoing, but i'm pleased to conclude that it isn't something I'M doing (like an errant patch/theme install).
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Same issue, using the iPhone spoof. I checked using my iTouch, and it does format correctly on that. I uninstalled and reinstalled the iPhone spoof, with no change.
    not working for me either, really a pain.

this is true for the pre and the pre 2.

I have disabled the mobile site for the time being, which makes it at least useable for now, you can do this by going to the bottom of the page.
    There are four lights.
    Been using Infopedia & Wapedia as an alternative. Not as good Wikipedia Mobile when it works properly.

Jim
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast