1.    #1  
    I have the original pre. My upgrade is here and I'm not sure what to do!! I love webos and all that you can do, but I am really thinking about getting the epic. I just want something new!! No word on 2.0?? No word on new sprint webos phones!! Money burning a hole in my pocket!! It's really driving me loco!!
    CES in January should have HP Palm anouncing new devices.
    put the money in the bank, and relax... Now just wait till jan at CES to see what happens. If CES dissapoints then get the Epic.
  4.    #4  
    really?? Didn't know that. CES is what?? Sorry for the dumb question!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    really?? Didn't know that. CES is what?? Sorry for the dumb question!!
    consumer electronics show
    Rumor is, CES will announce new better devices. Thats one whole month away. You should wait at least til then.
  7.    #7  
    yup I can do that!! Thanx
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Rumor is, CES will announce new better devices. Thats one whole month away. You should wait at least til then.
    I agree, but what if this new phone is announced and isn't released till like April or later. What then? We haven't seen any real palm haters around here like we will if that happens. I was and still am a palm lover, but setting yourself up for disappointment is never a wise choice. That's the reason I used my upgrade the very moment it was ready and bought the epic. The sooner I upgrade, the sooner I can consider the next webOS phone, without all the waiting and waiting for palm or HP to make a gosh dang move.
    I've had my upgrade available since June... I'm waiting though. My phone works exceptionally well, especially after overclocking, and I don't see enough new benefit from having any other device on the market... Until something comes out which substantially changes my expectations of what a smartphone should be capable of doing I'm holding tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    I agree, but what if this new phone is announced and isn't released till like April or later. What then? We haven't seen any real palm haters around here like we will if that happens. I was and still am a palm lover, but setting yourself up for disappointment is never a wise choice. That's the reason I used my upgrade the very moment it was ready and bought the epic. The sooner I upgrade, the sooner I can consider the next webOS phone, without all the waiting and waiting for palm or HP to make a gosh dang move.
    Me personally, I can wait until April or so. I got into a contract in May, so I couldnt even upgrade til then anyway. But as for Sprint users, yes, I could see the frustration they may have. Thats why Im hoping that 2.0 is a good enough update to make our phones feel like new. Maybe im just optimistic, but I feel 2010 was not the year for Palm and 2011 will be. Im very happy with my Pre Plus and I think even Sprint customers are happy with their Pres. I think what you did is what everyone needs to do. Upgrade while you have it and come back to Palm when they come out with new stuff. Nothing wrong with that.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Don't let someone else tell you what to do with you money. Find out for yourself. Do what I did get 2 new phones and only pay for 1. How you ask? The day after you get your cellbill. Charge one to your cell account and buy the other. You have 30 days to get a refund on the one you don't like. Try them out and see which one you like.
    Global Posts
    923 Global Posts
    @Mrwanka75: Dude... Patience. You should try some.
    Wait till after CES, if nothing is coming to sprint by then, switch to another phone. I will likly jump to a Android sooner or later if nothing happens on Sprint. I've been upgradable since June. You can imagine my frustration as a sprint user. I enjoy staying on the technology curve. I like using the latest and greatest to keep up with things. And the latest is Android, webOS had its thing, and now there slacking. webOS 2.0 is a great leap forward, but if they don't allow more people access to it on updated hardware (not pre2). Its a novelty.

I will stay with webOS, but there may be some contributions to the other team. Loyalty will only work so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    I have the original pre. My upgrade is here and I'm not sure what to do!! I love webos and all that you can do, but I am really thinking about getting the epic. I just want something new!! No word on 2.0?? No word on new sprint webos phones!! Money burning a hole in my pocket!! It's really driving me loco!!
    My advice to people up to this point has been to wait on HP/Palm and see what is announced at CES. However, it's starting to look more and more like WebOS is a great OS that just won't make it. HP/Palm won't release WebOS 2.0 or the Pre 2 in the U.S. The latest report shows WebOS market share trailing iOS, Blackberry, Android, Symbian, and Linux. I would say wait if I had any confidence that HP/Palm would actually release something. But if they can't even launch the Pre 2, what are the hopes they can pull anything else off?
    I would wait duel core phones are coming plus 4g is rolling out to most city's if HP doesn't have anything good you know Android will from HTC Samsung LG Sony. choice is a good thing