1.    #1  
    Hi everyone. Am I the only one or is there s.one else having issues with the app catalog. Since last bight I can't get my pre to update apps through the app catalog ( which by the way can't connect to the palm server) everything else works ok, preware installs app fine.
    Any ideas?
    edit: the updates app tells me "Unable to connect, try again later"
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    This has been a problem for some members as well - you aren't the only one. A hard reset usually fix that issue, or do a partial erase(Erase apps&Data) in device info.

I hope either one of these two methods fixes the issue.
    Yikes!!! Is there really no other way? / wanted to wait for webos 2.0 for the hard reset and all the reinstall hassle. Thanks anyway. Hope there is another fix for the issue (anyone willing to dig in some logs and terminal stuff ? )

Due make sure you have the latest preware installed, there was an issue with it in the past causing that to which an update fixed it. Also it could be improper json files in an homebrew app throwing it off and could try to reinstall the homebrew apps using the latest preware build, I do believe that it and also WOSQUI now auto corrects fail json files.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  4.    #4  
    Ok, so I tried the webos repair utility. First the default mode. Same issue. Then with the override comparibilty option.
    It reverted a lot of files (I have about 40 patches installed) but after luna reset I still can't get the app catalog to work properly.
    Is it possible that palm has specifically disabled the app catalog for my device?
    I'm using my pre plus as a pda only (cant get money transferred to paypal, if anyone could assist ya welcome) it's activated via metadoctor.
    Only thing I can think of is that just before problems started I went to the palm.com/rom page to check for webos 2.0 update and they asked me for my serial number. It identified my unit and offered an SFR 1.4.5 doctor.
    Could it be that it messed up my account? Did they realise I haven't activated my pre with sfr? (it's still locked to that operator)

I have no clue on the other stuff, but I do know Paypal. I'm a premier business member, been using it since they first launched years ago. What's your problem there? Either post here or PM me.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I have no clue on the other stuff, but I do know Paypal. I'm a premier business member, been using it since they first launched years ago. What's your problem there? Either post here or PM me.
    thnx a lot verwon!
    Actually it's more a logistics issue than a paypal problem per se. In short I can't send funds to paypal since the original bank account is now closed. only way is via another paypal account or a bank transfer i think, but my bank doesn't allow international money transfer so i'm a bit stuck. anyway, I'll try to have a transfer made in the next couple weeks.
    And i think i'll have to wait for the webos2.0 update for my app catalog to be back
    Augh! Yes, that does suck. Sorry!

I wish I could help with that, but I'm in the U.S. so, doubt I can do much good.

Silly bank not allowing you to do it. I may not use it, but I hereby boycott it on your behalf, anyway!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  8.    #8  
    @verwon: hehe, you brought me luck, just got a transfer on my paypal account, nextgenserver here i come!!

@guyfromnam: forget paypal, I didn't activate the pre, created an account after doctoring with the metadoctor. It worked ok for the last four months until two days ago!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Don't forget the promo code for Next Gen .

With GSM phones, you always activate the phone. It's one step: Activation/Profile Creation/Login. If it was done the first time in France, you might want to ask French users if they're having problems. The fact you ran Meta-Doctor means nothing in terms of where your device was activated first.
    Nope the pre is locked to SFR, never had an sfr sim in it nor it was unlocked (yet). all I did was metadoctor it with activation bypass, it worked, i created a profile, logged in and had a happy 4 months of free apps and updates from the app catalog
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    What's your location? Hey, you're that guy from that other thread

Indeeed my young friend

Currently I'm in Tunisia (that's that little spot on top of that black continent a little bit below France, for the geographically challenged ;P)
    Last edited by kamazepine; 12/02/2010 at 02:19 PM.
  11.    #11  
    bump (sorry, i'm getting desperate)