1. HiQ
    I need some help. My providor charges me $0.35 per text sent when I go to the States (I'm Canadian). I sent maybe 1 or 2 by mistake when I was down visiting a friends cabin. My bill shows that I sent 37 SMS messages while in the US.

Does the Palm Pre automatically send SMS messages by any chance? I know it receives weird messages from Palm when there are software updates.

Anyone know? I need to know before I head back down tomorrow. I don't want another huge bill.

Thanks!
    Hi HiQ,

I've never heard of anything like that. The only thing I could think of is if they messages weren't delivered the first time and the system held them and kept sending until they receiving device came on-line (if it was off). I'd contact your provider and dispute the charge as they can look in the system and see if they were 37 unique messages, or if they were the same one(s) being delivered over and over. Strange...
    I've never heard of it, either. Something seems screwy!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4. HiQ
    Okay thanks everyone.. I just wanted to make sure nothing was added in the latest upgrades (I was stuck on 1.3.5.1 for a long time and just moved to the current). I had no issues before so it must be on their end.

I think they are just randomly adding some to everyone's bill to make more money. My GF had a couple put on her bill as well. Not impressed. Time to call and get them credited back.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Did you receive sms while in the states maybe they count those as well?
  6. HiQ
    I don't believe they do, but I will ask when I call. Anyone know of a patch or application that can block SMSs from sending while roaming? I might have to learn how to program for the Pre after all
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HiQ View Post
    I don't believe they do, but I will ask when I call. Anyone know of a patch or application that can block SMSs from sending while roaming? I might have to learn how to program for the Pre after all

Not sure but that use to be an issue back in the day before all the unlimited plans came about. I never use to carry text messaging on a few of my phones back then and people would send me stuff and I would get charged for it.