Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    After a missed call, this dialog pops up:

Which is lame, if I don't have an image for that person, I probably don't know who it is.

Then the regular notification appears after a few seconds, which is totally fine. Tells me who called and when:

And then, the phone app opens up to the recent calls list about after a minute after the call is missed:

It's all a bit crazy, I'd prefer just the notification
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The phone app has never popped up for me all by it's lonesome. It's only the missed call notification / notification bar, no matter how long I wait or how many calls I miss. The missed call list only ever appears due to my interaction.

As for the call back / dismiss notification, I actually kinda like it. When I rush to my phone just in time for the other person to hang up, I can quickly call back if I want (I've got the patch that brings me to the phone app's missed calls section when I tap the standard missed calls notification (bar) because I frequently miss a number of calls from different people and want an overview when I pick my phone up).

Has the missed call list always appeared by itself for you or is this behavior new?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    The recent call list should not be opening by itself. Otherwise it is nice the way it is.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    You should go check out notification on some of the other phones out there... Then report back on which phone(s) does it better.

I won't call any name, but I'll give you a hint. (what keeps the doctor away)
    I think this thread is more about how to improve the missed call notifications... Not about which OS handles it better.
    Based on the Verizon avatar and Buffalo location i assume you are not using WebOS 2.0?

If i am correct, that behavior is strange, neither my pre+ nor my wifes has the missed call list pop-up on its own.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    There is a patch in preware that will allow to the missed call list to appear when you miss a call. It is especially useful when you miss multiple calls. Otherwise, doesn't it automatically dial the missed call if you tap on the notification?
    On-Topic please folks... thanks
    Sounds like you installed a patch that messed with the way notifications work (or more likely the theme you're using did it).

That is not the usual behavior and it would have to be patched for it to act like that.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpre View Post

Otherwise, doesn't it automatically dial the missed call if you tap on the notification?
    If you tap on the NAME it will automatcially dial the person, otherwise if you click on the ICON, it takes you to the missed calls screen. (same way tapping an email opens the message and tapping the mail icon opens the mail folders)
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    After a missed call, this dialog pops up:

Which is lame, if I don't have an image for that person, I probably don't know who it is.

Then the regular notification appears after a few seconds, which is totally fine. Tells me who called and when:

Yeah I hate that about the first dialog not showing the name of a contact. I requested a patch to fix that here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...sed-calls.html

Someone said this doesn't happen with AT&T. So I guess its just a CDMA thing. I hope this gets fixed with 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpre View Post
    There is a patch in preware that will allow to the missed call list to appear when you miss a call. It is especially useful when you miss multiple calls. Otherwise, doesn't it automatically dial the missed call if you tap on the notification?
    That's half true. If you tap the small spot all the way on the left of the missed called notification it brings up the missed call log. If you tab the larger missed call notification then it will dial whom ever the missed call was from.