1.    #1  
    I picked up a Pre from a friend who went the EVO route. She mentioned that the phone wasn't charging and that was it. Ok I get the phone home and realize the usb is all jacked up (meaning it won't charge or register a connection with computer). After looking @ the connector on the Pre I see some of the prongs are messed up. My question is there a way to fix it without taking it to Sprint. If not...is it worth taking to Sprint to fix and will they fix it?
    if it is less tham 1 year since first activation, they will repair ir.

did you try charging from a touchstone?
    it will work from the touchstone and you could take it to sprint and get it fixed . not sure how much it would cost to fix at sprint.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Option 1: Have TEP on ur line and take it to the store, or have someone with TEP on their line activate it and take it in.
    I dont know if they do service with out TEP. I didnt think so. Maybe some stores do.

Option 2:Try HP/Palm?

Option 3:
    Use Meta-doctor to install pre ware

run new doctor on device.
    use SSh file transfer or zuma drive, dropbox, or a wifi transfer app and internalz to add/move files.
    and Touchstone to charge.

option 4:
    Buy a VZ/ATT Pre plus and make a Sprint pre plus.
    Last edited by stinkyfischer; 12/01/2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: additions oops (touchstone)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfischer View Post
    Option 1: Have TEP on ur line and take it to the store, or have someone with TEP on their line activate it and take it in.
    I dont know if they do service with out TEP. I didnt think so. Maybe some stores do.

Option 2:Try HP/Palm?

Option 3:
    Use Meta-doctor to install pre ware

run new doctor on device.
    use SSh file transfer or zuma drive, dropbox, or a wifi transfer app and internalz to add/move files.
    and Touchstone to charge.

option 4:
    Buy a VZ/ATT Pre plus and make a Sprint pre plus.
    I'm gonna try option 3.....i didn't think about doing it that way.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Sprint Pre retired....Motorola Photon (for now)