1.    #1  
    HP ePrint BlackBerry app brings mobile printing to FedEx Office, Hilton hotels, and more
    By Joseph L. Flatley posted Nov 22nd 2010 2:46PM

Why should iOS 4.2 users have all the fun? HP has announced a deal to bring wireless printing to select FedEx Office locations, Hilton hotels, Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges, and PrinterOn guest printing locations via the ePrint app for BlackBerry. The whole affair looks pretty straight forward: Download the app from App World (or from the source link), select your email or attachment, select a location, send the print job, stop by Gadzooks for a chain wallet and a pair of JNCOs, and then swing by your ePrint site to grab your documents. Simple, right? What are you waiting for? Go, get!

HP ePrint BlackBerry app brings mobile printing to FedEx Office, Hilton hotels, and more -- Engadget
    this whole eprint deal was probably in the making before HP even though about buying Palm. It seems fairly natural to launch it on BB first, because that's where the enterprises are. I'm sure it'll be on WebOS once HP comes out with new form factors.
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/gener...int-webos.html

already posted that we should get palm to integrate eprint into webOS
    According to the HP Happy Baby commercial the Palm Pre can already send pictures to an ePrinter (Check out the phone near the end):

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I hope they hurry. I sent some documents to my new HP printer last week from my Pre. When I arived at home, they were not there. Last night my son was printing his homework and out come my documents. That was five days later. Maybe if we had a app it would work better.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    I hope they hurry. I sent some documents to my new HP printer last week from my Pre. When I arived at home, they were not there. Last night my son was printing his homework and out come my documents. That was five days later. Maybe if we had a app it would work better.
    I'm not sure what issues that your phone or printer might have been having but I have an eprint enabeled HP printer also, and files sent from my phone usually print within seconds. So far I have been thrilled with the printer's performance. The only thing I can think is maybe it has something to do with the way your email is set up on your phone.
    Sprint Customer since 2001
    Palm User since 2004
    This all seemed to start before the HP/Palm discussions started. I am sure we will get some sort of integrated printers soon enough....

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,502 Global Posts
    Remember these are separate business units and while from an outsider perceptive, it's a puzzle why there isn't a WebOS app first, to the guys over in the Business printer unit (whatever it's called) - this makes perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    this whole eprint deal was probably in the making before HP even though about buying Palm. It seems fairly natural to launch it on BB first, because that's where the enterprises are. I'm sure it'll be on WebOS once HP comes out with new form factors.
    It's just software - why wait for new hardware before making the client available to webOS?

It's embarrassing when the mobile platform HP owns is the only one that doesn't support HP's ePrint.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    It's just software - why wait for new hardware before making the client available to webOS?

It's embarrassing when the mobile platform HP owns is the only one that doesn't support HP's ePrint.
    Yes It's just software. But the printers are out now and I'm sure the bb app was already in the making. hp wants to sell printers to everyone, especially major corporations. Not just webos users. Likewise, eprint isn't going to convince anyone to buy a webos smartphone.
    haven't u seen not-yet-pre's post? I've seen the commercial with the baby and at the end of the commercial, someone is using a Pre (the original Pre) to print stuff. So the Pre must be able to do it.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by macbranson View Post
    haven't u seen not-yet-pre's post? I've seen the commercial with the baby and at the end of the commercial, someone is using a Pre (the original Pre) to print stuff. So the Pre must be able to do it.
    that would be a logical deduction, but it would still be wrong

dont believe everything you see on tv or on the internets... including this post
    OK, I just went to HP's website and apparently, you can print from ANY mobile phone. The ePrinter's have their own unique email address and you just email the file from any mobile phone to your printer.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    my educated guess on this would be that the app has absolutely nothing to due with integrating with the printer itself. it's probably a location based app that shows and links you with your nearest "print station" and it's based on contracts in place with FedEx, Hilton, etc. Those companies said, sure, we'll buy your printers, here is our priority of devices we want integrated with them. When they did this, Palm wasn't even part of HP. seems straight forward and I'm sure the app will be provided to webOS shortly.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I want an e-Printer! But until I get one, at least my HP c309 already can take wireless picture printing jobs from the Android app iPrint.

Eprint, as I understand it, is just emailing to an ePrint address, which then sends the printer job. Nothing to complicated for the device to do there.

So the real question should be, where is iPrint for WebOS? As it is now, when my boy takes a picture on my Pre that he is using, I have to download and print them from computer, instead of iPrint to the HP we already have.

Of course, iPrint is old tech and doesn't sell new printers like ePrint does, which probably answers the question.

Either way, ePrint really is cool tech, and I do look forward to WebOS devices being set up to print to it via OS extensions or homebrew patches, when I buy the Palm superphone next year after Epocrates comes back to the WebOS fold.

(edited to clearly state paragraph 2)
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 11/23/2010 at 07:39 PM.