Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Subscribed!
  2.    #102  
    I haven't been able to test it, but it looks like it needs the following files from the webOS 2.0.1 doctor:

/usr/bin/PalmClassic
    /usr/lib/BrowserPlugins/MAPartsAdapter.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_Blazer.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_Cap.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_Emul68kStub.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_HostControl.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_HsExtensionsShim.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_HsNavShim.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PalmosLinuxDal.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PartsLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PartsSerialDriver.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_Phone.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PhoneInterfaceLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmBtPartsUi.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmConnectionManagerLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmConnectionManagerPalmOsLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmFakeSlotDriver.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmLinuxFs.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmLinuxUtils.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmMaWelcome.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmNetPrefLx.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmNetSim.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmPCBtLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmPartsNotifyLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmPdnsLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmRomTokenLib.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_PmSystem.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_System.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_TelephonyInterfaceLayer.so
    /usr/lib/libMA_Ui.so
    /usr/lib/palmos/.copyclassicapps.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/.preferences-default
    /usr/lib/palmos/.prepare.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/.uprepare.sh
    /usr/lib/palmos/Read Me.txt
    /usr/lib/palmos/classic.rgba
    /usr/lib/palmos/expired.rgba
    /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/com.motionapps.palmos.service
    /usr/share/ls2/roles/prv/com.motionapps.palmos.json
    You must also follow the steps on the first post. I will look into instructions for a packager script to automate the process once you pull the files out of the webOS Doctor.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    While I am upset that I am so dependent on classic for specialty apps, I am thrilled that the webos community has people like you to help the people like me. Thanks Arthur!!!
    It works!!

I copied that files to my pre and reboot. Now I can launch classic!!
    where exactly to I copy them?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Whenever I try to copy or move PalmClassic to /usr/bin/ , it says

Code:
    cp: write error:  No space left on device
    My Pre internal storage has 2+ GB free space. The file system is mounted as RW.

Can anyone help? I got all the other files to copy, but it now complains of space.

Do I need to increase the file system size somehow?

The only answer I've found is "Doctor your phone!" but everything else seems fine. I even deleted some crap I had in " / " that should have freed up enough space, so I don't think it's actually filled up. Not sure what's going on with the filesystem.
    Last edited by Kujila; 03/04/2011 at 05:34 PM.
    You must copy them to /

1.- Copy all the files from PC to /media/internal

Example: When you finish this step the file /usr/bin/PalmClassic will be in /media/internal/usr/bin/PalmClassic

2.- With novaterm, access to pre then copy the files to the corresponding folder path

Example: the file /media/internal/usr/bin/PalmClassic goes to /usr/bin/PalmClassic in the pre
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Whenever I try to copy or move PalmClassic to /usr/bin/ , it says

Code:
    cp: write error:  No space left on device
    My Pre internal storage has 2+ GB free space. The file system is mounted as RW.

Can anyone help? I got all the other files to copy, but it now complains of space.

Do I need to increase the file system size somehow?

The only answer I've found is "Doctor your phone!" but everything else seems fine. I even deleted some crap I had in " / " that should have freed up enough space, so I don't think it's actually filled up. Not sure what's going on with the filesystem.
    /media/internal has 2GB left, BUT / is allotted less than 500MB of space. I can work around this, and will be releasing instructions for doing so really soon.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Can I ask how to copy them with novaterm? I know im ignorant, but I only have limited experience with novaterm. Would Internalz work instead?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    In novaterm you can copy with the following command.

cp /media/internal/FILENAME /usr/lib/FILENAME
    I'm still having problems running the original .sh script. It fails when trying to link the ROM in my /media/internal to the one in /usr/lib/palmos/rom0/ because the folders (palmos and rom0) don't exist. I tried creating them with a mkdir command but it errored out because it is a read only file system. Anybody have a way around that? I figure once I get that part working then I can copy over all the other files from the 2.0.1 doctor.
    Success!! Thanks for your instructions with novaterm, and thanks Arthur for EVERYTHING. I actually did not even use command line, I did the whole thing with Internalz. I simply copied all the files onto my usb portion, then copied them one by one into the correct directory. Concerning the rom.bin file, I simply created the appropriate directories with internalz, then put the file in them. By the way, if any of you smart guys think that my method will have long term flaws, PLEASE let me know so I am not decieving others: I really am not qualified to be giving advice. But for the moment, everything is working correctly
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'll try it with internalz tomorrow.

What Doctor did you use to find those files? I downloaded the 2.0.1 Pre2 doctor listed on the WebOS Internals wiki and couldn't find ANY of the required files in the webos.tar.
    I used the same doctor. You have to extract a file or two deep inside the webos.tar. here is the path I used to find the files:

webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar\resources\webOS.tar\nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar\
    could someone simplify all this again pleease!
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    could someone simplify all this again pleease!
    once again... working on it
    Arthur Thornton

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr dave is a nerd View Post
    I used the same doctor. You have to extract a file or two deep inside the webos.tar. here is the path I used to find the files:

webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar\resources\webOS.tar\nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar\
    Ok. I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    once again... working on it
    thanks! didnt mean to push...
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I haven't been able to test it, but it looks like it needs the following files from the webOS 2.0.1 doctor:

You must also follow the steps on the first post. I will look into instructions for a packager script to automate the process once you pull the files out of the webOS Doctor.
    Hi!

Thanks for your thread!

I got allmost every file out of the webdoctor but i can't find this:
    "/usr/share/ls2/roles/prv/com.motionapps.palmos.json"

I used the webosdoctorp100ueu-wr which is the 1.4.5 doctor for a German O2 device.

Do you have any ideas?

Regards,
    Torsten
    arthur's post said to look in the 2.0.1 doctor. Perhaps that one will have it
    I have also a German O2 Pre+ and it works.
    Take all files from Arthur's list from the 2.0.1 doctor. Only the ROM.bin you have to take from 1.4.5 doctor.